By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you were the new ceo of Square-Enix, what would you do?

Tagged games:

Favorite Square Enix franchise?

Final Fantasy 68 48.23%

Dragon Quest 10 7.09%

Kingdom Hearts 19 13.48%

Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross 18 12.77%

The World Ends with You 4 2.84%

Just Cause 1 0.71%

Tomb Raider 7 4.96%

Hitman 1 0.71%

Sleeping Dogs 3 2.13%

None of the above 8 5.67%

Total:139

Front Mission 6.

Company saved.

Around the Network

Put Kingdom Hearts on the WiiU for starters. Very weird that they made so many for nintendo and then ignore the home console. Nintendo obviously has a crowd for it.

I'd stop with titles that are intended as cash grabs and start focusing resources on more quality games as well.

Stop focusing on Final Fantasy XIII and XIV and start focusing on 15 and 16.

I'd also make a Final Fantasy exclusive for the Vita. Japan is huge for portable consoles and a FF could help both SE and the Vita.

Lastly i would remake FF7 for the XOne, PS4, X360, WiiU, PS3. This game would have the potential to sell 7-12m I believe.

Continue to take chances on publishing games such as Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Deus Ex Revolution

Well, I'll definitely try to go with the easy projects with profitable revenue, so focus on localisation of FF type-0 and then remake some old Final Fantasy, also some Dragon Quests..

- I immediately phone Tri-Ace and tell them to start the development of Star Ocean 5 and Valkyrie Profile 3 on PS4

- I'll have a team work on Final Fantasy Type-0 International for Vita

- I'll prepare a Lightning cameo in FFXV

tomb raider tomb raider tomb raider!

Around the Network

1. Fire Yoichi Wada and find his supporters to fire them also.
2. Fire those who insist to use CGI, linear and turn based elements in games.
3. Create new IP that will be spiritual successor of final fantasy.

Bring back Cavia. Nier Ruled(Well other than the graphics that is...)

ryuzaki57 said:

- I immediately phone Tri-Ace and tell them to start the development of Star Ocean 5 and Valkyrie Profile 3 on PS4

- I'll have a team work on Final Fantasy Type-0 International for Vita

- I'll prepare a Lightning cameo in FFXV

Wouldn't it be better to make it an international PSN title?  I mean, PSP PSN games exist, right?

edit:  Unless somehow porting/remastering it for Vita is more profitable. maybe.

Soleron said:
Start reducing production costs to be closer to someone like Gust who can sell 200k and make money (but who still has good art and a quality soundtrack)

Start with cutting CGI, writing and voice acting costs right back.

One of the best answer I saw on the thread.

Tough they still need one big game every 2 years, this could actually save them. And train freshblood, so it would be great on a long term basis.

Nobody has even whispered the words of closure? No one?

My hope in VGC has been all but lost.