By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sells-out (Agian)

Shokio over at the fantastic site Gamin Realm, has written an opinion piece on Sony’s newest iOS and Android game, PlayStation All-Stars Island. Apparently he’s not too happy with the game. 

Shokio is a big fan of PlayStation All-Stars, so I don’t think he appreciated Sony spending time and resources on this app instead of supporting the actual game.

“As one of the few people who actually bought, played, and thoroughly enjoyed Playstation All-Stars, I’m somewhat offended by this. It’s a total and complete mockery to the PS3 and Vita title, and I don’t see how Sony can’t realize that they are disrespecting and devaluing their own Playstation brand by doing such a silly, bizarre move like this. The Playstation brand isn’t above iOS games Sony? They’re not worth more than that?

I always understood why, but now I really see why Nintendo simply refuses to throw their beloved franchises on mobile devices. It’s flat-out debauchery and feels completely unnatural.”

Heres more of his thoughts: http://gaminrealm.com/2013/08/08/sony-sells-out-with-playstation-all-stars-island/

Y U DO THIS SONY?

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

it's hard for a huge corporation to sell out more than it already has imo. I don't know what people expect it doesn't make the game they already release worse.

So what is the big problem? Do the other games with Nathan Drake & Co. on PS3 and Vita magically get worse due to the existence of an mediocre mobile game with the same characters?

Did the Mario games magically get worse due to the existence of a very bad movie?

I don't see how its that big of a deal, Sure the game sucks.......but for those that are not console gamers etc that play the game, see the characters, brand names etc and do enjoy it and want more will then go to the source eg go out and buy a Playstation + games etc, I think this is more advertising then anything else.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

If anything, Sony is advertising the PS3, Vita, and PS4 by doing this.

Around the Network

It doesn't really matter to me if they put it on mobile, I just won't get it.

Now now.. What an overreaction.. Its not like they released a complete game on iOS.. There is like 1 mini game.. Not the promised 4.. Clearly no production money went into this which could be used for a proper vita game..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I don't think it's necessarily wrong to make smartphone/tablet app games using established console franchises. But in the case of PSAI it's a promotional app dressed up as a game, which is bad.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Give them a break Sony's got to do something to stay relevant.

User was warned for this post.

yo_john117

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Sony wants to make a profit on their product. It bombed and thats all we can say. Sony never sold out, the game just wasnt making what they had wanted. They even tried to give it away for a wildly low price on PSN during the summer sales.

On another side of the coin, maybe Sony is using this to get people prepped for another version of the game coming next gen and if people want it bad enough they'll have to buy a PS4 or Vita. Ever think about that?