By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - About Twenty Companies Including Sega Made a Bid on Atlus, 20 Billion Yen Offered

MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
Come on Atlus, please go to Nintendo.

Says the guy who also has Sony in their avatar pic.

I would be cool with Sony having it but i want to see the everyone on this site have a meltdown. This is only for the online entertainment that comes with fanboys melting down.

It won't be as bad as the XIII meltdown...

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I would pay $200 million for them probably. If I was Nintendo or Sony that is. Especially Nintendo, they have the cash and need the development capacity.

and you would never ever make the money back. no doubt atlus is a quality company, but their games barely sell. thats why it would be really stupid for Sony or nintendo to buy them and it would be the stupidest thing ever for MS to buy them. they simply wont be able to make enough of a return on their games, and limiting them to one platform certainly wont help

Their games selling 1 million or more have nothing to do with anything. If the company has remained profitable then that is because they know how to handle their given or own money. Then there is also the possibility of their higher tier franchises being bigger sellers and can therefore increase the install base.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:

I would be cool with Sony having it but i want to see the everyone on this site have a meltdown. This is only for the online entertainment that comes with fanboys melting down.

Are you refering to Final Fantasy XIII?  

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:

Yes.

gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:

Yes.

Do you think there would be a meltdown of sony fanboys if Persona 5 was money hatted and put exclusively on WiiU?

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:
bananaking21 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I would pay $200 million for them probably. If I was Nintendo or Sony that is. Especially Nintendo, they have the cash and need the development capacity.

and you would never ever make the money back. no doubt atlus is a quality company, but their games barely sell. thats why it would be really stupid for Sony or nintendo to buy them and it would be the stupidest thing ever for MS to buy them. they simply wont be able to make enough of a return on their games, and limiting them to one platform certainly wont help

Their games selling 1 million or more have nothing to do with anything. If the company has remained profitable then that is because they know how to handle their given or own money. Then there is also the possibility of their higher tier franchises being bigger sellers and can therefore increase the install base.

Exactly! they don't need halo like sales because their production values are not on the same level! They don't profit as much as them but they know their games sell well thanks to their fanbase!

Still I agree with Bananaking that they should not be bought by a first party. Their games are spread across a lot of platforms and being exclusive to just one would hurt them :/

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

bananaking21 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Your point is very valid.  A company like Sony or Nintendo are probably  better off building a new studio than buying one like this.  It would depend a bit on their development capacity.

bananaking21 said:
RenCutypoison said:

They might not sell millions, but their dev cost are a lot smaller than Halo or Gran turismo.

They do bring in money

im not saying they dont. but is it really worth it? how much time will they take to bring that money back? and in the case of the post i replied too how much would they take to make 200$ million back? they are a talaneted and profitable dev, but are they worth being first party devs?

If they did buy them, the must have a reason.

The one who did buy it should have plans to make them more profitable.

I hope that won't kill their games, tough.

MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:

Yes.

Do you think there would be a meltdown of sony fanboys if Persona 5 was money hatted and put exclusively on WiiU?

I don't know but I sure will!

RenCutypoison said:
bananaking21 said:
RenCutypoison said:

They might not sell millions, but their dev cost are a lot smaller than Halo or Gran turismo.

They do bring in money

im not saying they dont. but is it really worth it? how much time will they take to bring that money back? and in the case of the post i replied too how much would they take to make 200$ million back? they are a talaneted and profitable dev, but are they worth being first party devs?

If they did buy them, the must have a reason.

The one who did buy it should have plans to make them more profitable.

I hope that won't kill their games, tough.

if they want them to make them more profitable then they want them to start making different games. the question is, why buy a developer if you dont want their games at all?