By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - About Twenty Companies Including Sega Made a Bid on Atlus, 20 Billion Yen Offered

Its gonna SEGA

"As for Sega, the company wouldn’t be a such a surprising bidder, considering it already acts as a distributor for Atlus’ packaged games in Japan."

SEGA and Atlus are already partners!

Around the Network

Please not Microsoft or EA =(

Come on Atlus, please go to Nintendo.

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

Blood_Tears said:
eFKac said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
-I want Nintendo to buy them.
Just to see the meltdown coming from it...
-Do it Nintendo!
Just for that... :)

I know, right?!

I would love Sony to buy them and cancel the shit out of FExSMT just to see the meltdowns

That would be epic!  Especially after seeing all the nintendo fanboy blog articles the day the news was announced about Atlus.

How about both companies buy 49% and everyone not hate each other

TheLastStarFighter said:
I would pay $200 million for them probably. If I was Nintendo or Sony that is. Especially Nintendo, they have the cash and need the development capacity.

and you would never ever make the money back. no doubt atlus is a quality company, but their games barely sell. thats why it would be really stupid for Sony or nintendo to buy them and it would be the stupidest thing ever for MS to buy them. they simply wont be able to make enough of a return on their games, and limiting them to one platform certainly wont help

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I would pay $200 million for them probably. If I was Nintendo or Sony that is. Especially Nintendo, they have the cash and need the development capacity.

and you would never ever make the money back. no doubt atlus is a quality company, but their games barely sell. thats why it would be really stupid for Sony or nintendo to buy them and it would be the stupidest thing ever for MS to buy them. they simply wont be able to make enough of a return on their games, and limiting them to one platform certainly wont help

They might not sell millions, but their dev cost are a lot smaller than Halo or Gran turismo.

They do bring in money

MrUnagi said:

Says the guy who also has Sony in their avatar pic.

gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:

I would be cool with Sony having it but i want to see the everyone on this site have a meltdown. This is only for the online entertainment that comes with fanboys melting down.

RenCutypoison said:
bananaking21 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

They might not sell millions, but their dev cost are a lot smaller than Halo or Gran turismo.

They do bring in money

im not saying they dont. but is it really worth it? how much time will they take to bring that money back? and in the case of the post i replied too how much would they take to make 200$ million back? they are a talaneted and profitable dev, but are they worth being first party devs?

MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:

I would be cool with Sony having it but i want to see the everyone on this site have a meltdown. This is only for the online entertainment that comes with fanboys melting down.

I also said both Nintendo and Sony should buy 49% each.