By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Xbox One and PS4 Doomed to follow in the footsteps of Wii U?

There'll be games at launch and alot of games, including titles like Watch Dogs, Assassin Creed 4, Cod: Ghost, Fifa 13, Battlefield 4 etc. etc.

I don't expect amazing sales, but a more stable launch compare to the Wii U launch.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
iceboy151 said:
Zero999 said:
iceboy151 said:
It will, but I don't think it'll be as bad as the Wii U. At launch, they'll already have a lot of games that people want.

just like wii u, but it doesnt help when they're mainly ports.

The Wii U had nothing exciting at launch except New Super Mario Bros. U. The ports are games that people already played. Ghosts, BF4, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, and Fifa 14 are games that people will want to play. So that will keep the next gen consoles afloat. But those games will also be on current gen consoles, as well as GTA5 being a gen 3 exclusive will kind of hurt these consoles.

I'm gonna enjoy playing GTA V on my NES!

Entry for the new 2 systems is $500+(System, game, PSN/XBL and tax) so yes they will have a rough few first years. A PS4 with one game and a year of PSN+tax is $561.60(xbox obviously $661.60) in my region.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

kljesta64 said:
right now games dont play a big role..PS4 and XOX are more defined then Wii U and that is what will sell them.

Yep, because people sit in the shops thinking "Well, this console has the games I want to play, but this one has a better definition"

Sales are 70% games, 20% price, 8% marketing/definition, 2% other

scottie said:
kljesta64 said:
right now games dont play a big role..PS4 and XOX are more defined then Wii U and that is what will sell them.

Yep, because people sit in the shops thinking "Well, this console has the games I want to play, but this one has a better definition"

If you think sales are only 8% marketing, you are crazy.  For the core gamers, its about the games probably 60% of the time, but most of them end up getting both or all of the consoles.  But for most of the casuals or genreal population it is all about marketing.  They don't research meta scores or come to gaming websites to get insight from people using the system.  They read or see ads for products and when they think that they need a new game system, they buy the one they recognize the most from the advertising.  Of course they may be infuenced by what friends/relatives buy too, but most of them also bought based on the advertising.

Around the Network

I believe that both PS4 & Xbox1 will do great. WiiU will go the Dreamcast way

scottie said:
kljesta64 said:

I said "right now" meaning people actually dont have anything to play or be excited about in next gen consoles except "the console" itself.  nor do they have  big system sellers but maybe some new IP will prove me wrong.

and where did you get that percentage ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

xbone and ps4 will out sell the wiiu by the end of 2013, as long as they have enough supply.

ninjablade said:
xbone and ps4 will out sell the wiiu by the end of 2013, as long as they have enough supply.

I would bet anything you want that this wont happen.

edit: The only way it is even remotely possible is if you combine their sales.

Most of my PSN friends with the exception of one is'nt getting PS4 for launch. This happened after the launch games was revealed and knowing GT6 will be out for PS3 this holiday. Whats funny is that most where pretty hype post E3. One month later they're allready taking a "wait and see" approach to the PS4.

It's worth noting that they dont give a shit about WiiU atm, either.