By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Has Unlimited Friends

ethomaz said:

You know unlimited is impossible in any software? You can have millions, billions, trillions... zillions but not unlimited.

yes, we know that.

Around the Network

this is only good for celebrities but either way it wont matter because only twitter/facebook/insta/youtube followers matter in the real world

Zappykins said:
ethomaz said:
MonstaMack said:
Can you imagine the notifications with 2000 friends?

I expect some kind of group list and options to turn on or off the notifications per group or friend... hummmm like Facebook lol.

Yes, I hope we can set 'levels' or groups or something.  Like the top 10 we want to game with, then levels like close friends, or acquaintances.

Would not want 10 bazillion notifications going off every time one logged in.

fair point actually, was a touch annoyed a bit ago by the "X has come online" "X has started to play X game" messages on xbl so turned off notifications, but yeah if you have that turned off you also never get messages when you unlock achievements/gamer pics and avatar items from games which kinda sucks.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

*starts up xbox one
Great123 wants to play
greyguy34 wants to play
awwrusad4732 wants to play
frogdog54 wants to play
w4ityyy wants to play
*presses A button
wutguy wants to play
pojurn wants to play
ropep0 wants to play
whatno wants to play
ewww69 wants to play
usuck69 wants to play
blahblahblah2546 wants to play
*blows brains out

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Okay so I found a couple articles saying it's 1000 but I don't know if it's the truth.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Xbox-One-Has-1-000-Xbox-Live-Friends-Limit-List-of-Buddies-Is-Shared-with-Xbox-360-361535.shtml

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-installs-friend-list/

http://www.digitalspy.ca/gaming/news/a483495/xbox-one-to-expand-friend-lists-to-1000-friends.html

Xbox Support Tweet - https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/statuses/336928585275301888

Around the Network

Wow, I've got about 60 friends on the PSN I've never managed to hit the full 100, Id imagine some of the famous youtubers will not want to give out their ID's in fear of having 100's of thousands of people they don't know sending them friend requests.

Attoyou said:
*starts up xbox one
Great123 wants to play
greyguy34 wants to play
frogdog54 wants to play
w4ityyy wants to play
*presses A button
wutguy wants to play
pojurn wants to play
ropep0 wants to play
whatno wants to play
ewww69 wants to play
usuck69 wants to play
*blows brains out

May I please have your controller when you are gone?  Would love to have my friends in person play with me too.

I've even show up to your funeral and say something really nice about you.  Like how you left me a controller and it made me really happy.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Attoyou said:
*starts up xbox one
Great123 wants to play
greyguy34 wants to play
frogdog54 wants to play
w4ityyy wants to play
*presses A button
wutguy wants to play
pojurn wants to play
ropep0 wants to play
whatno wants to play
ewww69 wants to play
usuck69 wants to play
*blows brains out

May I please have your controller when you are gone?  Would love to have my friends in person play with me too.

I've even show up to your funeral and say something really nice about you.  Like how you left me a controller and it made me really happy.

If I ever have unlimited friends, you can have everything I own. But you'll have to share it with my unlimited friends. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Wagram said:
If I make it past 20 friends on any machine then I would be shocked.

For me to run weekly high score tournaments using leaderboards, I had to invite friends onto a friend list.  I ended up capping out the 100 list pretty quickly for Game Room, doing that.

Well, considering there is no word of the ONE having anything like leaderboards to base competition around, not sure I have to worry about the size of it.

Attoyou said:
Zappykins said:
Attoyou said:
*starts up xbox one
Great123 wants to play
greyguy34 wants to play
frogdog54 wants to play
w4ityyy wants to play
*presses A button
wutguy wants to play
pojurn wants to play
ropep0 wants to play
whatno wants to play
ewww69 wants to play
usuck69 wants to play
*blows brains out

If I ever have unlimited friends, you can have everything I own. But you'll have to share it with my unlimited friends. 

Hmmm, seems like the Midas touch, sounds good, but there will be some hidden catch that makes it unbearable.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!