By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Has Unlimited Friends

The 3000 imaginary voices in my head will be pleased :)

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Well, that's that, then. PS4 pre-order canceled, XO pre-order initiated.

Don't be so harsh, Pokoko. We all love have an extra amount of people we never knew on our systems.

It's as fun as accepting FaceBook Requests from people in Antarctica! 

JerCotter7 said:
I thought the 1000 was official and the virtually unlimited comment was just PR? I'd stick with the official number, Not something said in an interview. Unless I'm wrong about the 1000 as well. But 1000 is more than I have added on FB. I never talk to 99% of them. This thread looks like an attempt the one up the PS4 when there really is no need to. Heck most people don't even have 100 friends on the current gen consoles. 1000 is more than enough for the target audience. I'd worry more about how each system organises friends than which has the higher limit. It can get annoying to scroll through as the number goes higher.

No.

Prior to E3 (right after the Xbox One Reveal), Xbox Support Tweeted that there would be 1,000.  However, as indicated in the video from E3 the friends list is not capped at 1,000. 

NintendoPie said:
pokoko said:
Well, that's that, then. PS4 pre-order canceled, XO pre-order initiated.

Don't be so harsh, Pokoko. We all love have an extra amount of people we never knew on our systems.

It's as fun as accepting FaceBook Requests from people in Antarctica! 

Someone that I know who was in high school, barely had any Facebook friends and he couldn't fathom why anyone would or could have that many.  I assured him, once he graduated things would change.  They did, especially when he entered university.  Even more so when he became the editor of the school newpaper and a music critic.

Facebook becomes a way of reconnecting with people you borderline dislike, but still want to see how they're doing in life.   Not to mention the people you do like and are your friends.  Oh and family. 

I dont even have 2000 friends in real life.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:

Someone that I know who was in high school, barely had any Facebook friends and he couldn't fathom why anyone would or could have that many.  I assured him, once he graduated things would change.  They did, especially when he entered university.  Even more so when he became the editor of the school newpaper and a music critic.

Facebook becomes a way of reconnecting with people you borderline dislike, but still want to see how they're doing in life.   Not to mention the people you do like and are your friends.  Oh and family. 

I doubt many people have over 2'000 (maybe even 1'000) people they would actually call friends. 

FaceBook is not a good example any way you look at it. Unless you have a big family and a lot of them have FB accounts...

Yeah, I don't give a shit if it's 100 or 100,000 because I don't need all of that but apparently that's the kind of thing the kids are into these days.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Oh well yeah, we have more....obviously...I mean, it's virtually unlimited....it's a big number... I don't know off the top of my head, and I don't want to ballpark it. It's a lot. Definitely...more than ps4...virtually

I think I have like... 5 friends atm on PSN which I just got a couple of months ago and maybe 15 on my 360 which I've had since 2006, My 3ds my only friend is my wife hahaha. fuck me what a loner I am, I haven't even bothered to add my real friends to my online list of friends.

Anyone wants a fight in Street fighter 4 on xbl add Stormcloudlive or to watch me make shit remakes of Sonic stages in LBP same user name :D I have plenty of room... apparently.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ethomaz said:
MonstaMack said:
Can you imagine the notifications with 2000 friends?

I expect some kind of group list and options to turn on or off the notifications per group or friend... hummmm like Facebook lol.

Yes, I hope we can set 'levels' or groups or something.  Like the top 10 we want to game with, then levels like close friends, or acquaintances.

Would not want 10 bazillion notifications going off every time one logged in.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!