By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Has Unlimited Friends

MonstaMack said:
Can you imagine the notifications with 2000 friends?

You'd probably be able to turn them off.

Around the Network

This is silly. Hardly anyone will have more than 1000 friends.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

lol even 1000 is pushing it. Even if you had 1000 I'd be willing to bet you would probably only frequently talk to a maximum of maybe 50 people

power of the cloud right?

ethomaz said:

You know unlimited is impossible in any software? You can have millions, billions, trillions... zillions but not unlimited.

Shit. I have an unlimited amount of friends, and the thought of having all of them listed in one place sounded really neat...

What a bummer.

Around the Network

I thought the 1000 was official and the virtually unlimited comment was just PR? I'd stick with the official number, Not something said in an interview. Unless I'm wrong about the 1000 as well. But 1000 is more than I have added on FB. I never talk to 99% of them. This thread looks like an attempt the one up the PS4 when there really is no need to. Heck most people don't even have 100 friends on the current gen consoles. 1000 is more than enough for the target audience. I'd worry more about how each system organises friends than which has the higher limit. It can get annoying to scroll through as the number goes higher.

MonstaMack said:
Can you imagine the notifications with 2000 friends?

As of E3 it sounds like they were still working on the managment of it, based on that interview.  However, I expect the feature that allowed Xbox One users to group people for sharing also applied to Friends in general.

As EThomaz mentioned, probably similar to Facebook to put it in laymans terms.  However to put it in Windows terms, probably similar to Groups in Windows security.

MoHasanie said:

There are some people who have a significant number of Facebook friends.  Those Facebook friends can become Skype contacts, if you integrate Skype into Facebook.  I am certain, that once you convert your Xbox LIVE account over to Xbox One -- if your Xbox LIVE account is associated with your Skype account, and your Skype account is connected to Facebook -- all those accounts including Xbox LIVE friends, Messenger contacts, and Skype contacts will add up.  For some people, they'll exceed Facebook's 4,000 friend limit.

This friend limit thing is the dumbest competition comparison I've ever seen.

Munkeh111 said:
Yeah, so I must confess I don't have any actual source from this, but the 1,000 friends came from a clarification of the virtually unlimited friends comment

I've heard the same I do believe. 1,000 = essentually unlimited

Any counter evidence?

(didn't rewatch the video)