By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Current Vs. Next Gen Footage(Videos)

What do you think of the footage?

Kill it with fire 29 13.36%

WTF 17 7.83%

Wow, just wow 14 6.45%

atrocity 1 0.46%

looks meh 26 11.98%

Best looking game ever-sarcasm 8 3.69%

looks ok at best 17 7.83%

Wow, so watch dogs is on the ps2? 67 30.88%

looks good 38 17.51%

Total:217
HoloDust said:
BloodyRain said:
hinch said:

Yeah I'm not really feeling the game anymore. It looks a bit like Assassins Creed, with gadgets and guns.

Was hyped at first when it was revealed, but the more see of it the more boring it looks imo.

Does no one watch persons of interest on this forum xD This is pretty close to the vg version of it.

Yeah, I thought of that since the first reveal. Unfortunately, so far, Aiden Pearce is no John Reese...

He is much to awesome to imitate. You can shoot guys in the knee caps in this game like Reese does in the show. I'm just going to go around the game pretending to be him. I need Finch though!

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
hinch said:
BloodyRain said:

Does no one watch persons of interest on this forum xD This is pretty close to the vg version of it.

Watched an ep or two of of POI. Didn't like it

You're dead to me!

We can still be friends, right?

DamnTastic said:
hinch said:

Yeah I'm not really feeling the game anymore. It looks a bit like Assassins Creed, with gadgets and guns.

Was hyped at first when it was revealed, but the more see of it the more boring it looks imo.

I'm wondering what the meta will be of watchdogs. 

Around about 90 would be my guess.

BloodyRain said:
brendude13 said:
Damn you ugly.

They should follow Kojima's shining example.

Not everyone can be as brilliant as the great kojima!

The difference is about what i expected to see. It is only because you are shown next gen directly to current gen footage that you notice how big the difference is.

Its like watching a blu-ray and then watching an SD dvd. The difference is huge, but before blu-rays you never would have said "god these DVD's look terrible"

Its just knowing that the definition can be better which causes this.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

I read a comment in Feb from Ubisoft that said they already had PS4, X1 and Wii U versions up and running and that they would look into how to get it running on 360 and PS3 soon. I think the visuals reflect the fact that this is a downport from next gen, and not an upscaling from current gen.

Water and lighting just look amazing

It doesn't look great but It doesn't look horrible either (the video). I'm sure all the textures and displacement pop out more during day light.

Anyways not every current gen, open world game will rise to the level of GTA5. Also it seems that Next Gen was always their target, so I guess the ps3/360 won't be that well optimised. Its like the wii ports of 360/ps3 games. Handed out to a lessor team and not maximising on the potential of the system.

Will be intersting to see what the Wii U version looks like.

I'm actually surprised how fugly that was, I definitely not expecting that. Is that what the Wii U version is going to look like? Any one know?

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

RenCutypoison said:
Water and lighting just look amazing

Yeah on next gen consoles they do, I wonder how it will look like on current gen.

Looks like GTA V will probably be the best looking open world game this gen. Wasn't really expecting much out of Watch Dogs but damn those current gen graphics looks so bad.