By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Current Vs. Next Gen Footage(Videos)

What do you think of the footage?

Kill it with fire 29 13.36%

WTF 17 7.83%

Wow, just wow 14 6.45%

atrocity 1 0.46%

looks meh 26 11.98%

Best looking game ever-sarcasm 8 3.69%

looks ok at best 17 7.83%

Wow, so watch dogs is on the ps2? 67 30.88%

looks good 38 17.51%

Total:217

I just had a thought about the Wii U in all of this. It will be very interesting to see how the Wii U version falls in place between the PS3/360 ver and the PS4/XBO ver.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
I just had a thought about the Wii U in all of this. It will be very interesting to see how the Wii U version falls in place between the PS3/360 ver and the PS4/XBO ver.

hmm ya. I hope the current gen versions look better upon release though.

Well I imagine that Watch_Dogs was actually made for next gen, then back ported unlike any other projects

They have been working on the project for ages, so perhaps imagined that it would be a second year game, so not cross-generational... But that is just a guess

If its current gen, why show it? Just keep showing nextgen footage, otherwise if there is a big difference, people are not going to be happy buying current gen..

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Is it just me but this game looks boring tbh...
And that current gen doesn't look that bad. We are getting spoiled here

Around the Network

Quite the difference, though not really a Wii / PS360 difference. Hopefully Ubisoft takes advantage of Wii U's modern GPU features so that it'll be distinguished from the current gen versions.

DamnTastic said:

Maybe, but that footage really didn't look all that great for current gen standards. It could just be me though. For a cross gen title, thought it would look better, like gta v.

It's cross-gen title...so honestly, I'm neither expecting them to really push PS4/XOne to their limits, nor to spend too much time on current gen versions...so, both videos are pretty much in the line with my expectations.

BloodyRain said:
DamnTastic said:

Maybe, but that footage really didn't look all that great for current gen standards. It could just be me though. For a cross gen title, thought it would look better, like gta v.

It looks okay for open world in my opinion. See we're getting spoiled by GTA V,  don't forget that R* are like the gods of open world. Compare it with SR IV and it will look better ;)

Damn you ugly.

They should follow Kojima's shining example.