By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Building a better genesis collection

_crazy_man_ said:
The lack of WonderBoy in Monster World sickens me!

It doesn't seem all that appealing to me, sorry.

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:
Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:
Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:

i believe the game you're trying to find is super offroad

YES!  That's it!

do you know if the genesis version had a four player connection device? Off road is so much fun! Its ridiculous with four people!

Actually, it does.

General Chaos, and Mega Bomberman are both four player games too.  I can't wait to get all these games on my list...  Forget PS4, lol.

I know what you're saying. I always get the urge to build my game library with classics in lieu of system launches. Next year you'll see ps4 in a crazy cheap bundle sale and swoop up on it..

Well, actually, I was chatting with a friend of mine a couple of days ago, and I was joking about how I'd bring my sega genesis over...  Except I actually did bring it over.  And, we had a crap ton of fun with it, because most of the games I brought, he'd never played before.

We played Tommy lasorda baseball for the full 9 innings, and did about 6 races in Road Rash II.  I also brought over the worse game I own, Batman Forever for the lulz.  I also brought over cliffhanger, king of the monsters 2, quack shot, and a few others.  It was a good time.  That's why yesterday, I got tom and jerry and world of illusion. I just may head back over this weekend.

I am hella jealous! I haven't found a buddy to tear up the classics with me in a really long time. That's gold.

A Genesis-collection without Landstalker makes it automatically worse.

snyps said:

I am hella jealous! I haven't found a buddy to tear up the classics with me in a really long time. That's gold.

Lol..  That's too bad.  I bought world of illusion specifically for the co-op.  I was so little when I rented tom and jerry, but, they're cool.  My favorite episode is when they turn the kitchen into ice, but, it's probably been 15 years since I've seen that episode, but, there's others I've seen several times over the years.

But, I'm also thinking about getting that multitap too and some extra 6 button controllers.  I had about 6, but, they just quit on me.  Now, I'm down to two.  All this sega stuff is probably going to cost me around 500 dollars to get everything.  But, I'll have a timeless collection of fantasic genesis games.  Honestly, with what I have now, I'm constantly getting tired of certain games, but, when I get everything, I'll have enough to keep the rotation going good.

walsufnir said:

Yeah, yeah.  It appears to have a save feature, don't appear to be a bad game, and it's not like I have a bunch of RPG games on my genesis.  I'll get it.

walsufnir said:

Yeah, yeah.  It appears to have a save feature, don't appear to be a bad game, and it's not like I have a bunch of RPG games on my genesis.  I'll get it.

Be warned, the game is very hard, especially ath the end!

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:

Finally, the wish list so far:

Ranger X

The grand total brings us to 58 games.  I'm willing to cap my collection off at 65.  What do you guys suggest?

Goodness, I thought I was happy with my collection, but, I'm going to almost double it after I get everything.

That's the most important Genesis game IMO.

Honestly, I think you have it all. My genesis collection is composed of 6 or 7 Sonic games and Ranger X lol. I'm just going to get the Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3 to play most of the other great games, like Shining Force, Phatasy Star, and Albert Odyssey (only 40 games on that disk btw, so you're collection, is much more ultimate).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Burning Typhoon said:

Ranger X

The grand total brings us to 58 games.  I'm willing to cap my collection off at 65.  What do you guys suggest?

Goodness, I thought I was happy with my collection, but, I'm going to almost double it after I get everything.

Honestly, I think you have it all. My genesis collection is composed of 6 or 7 Sonic games and Ranger X lol. I'm just going to get the Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3 to play most of the other great games, like Shining Force, Phatasy Star, and Albert Odyssey (only 40 games on that disk btw, so you're collection, is much more ultimate).

When I first saw the game, I thought it looked pretty cool.  But then, it started blowing fire at enemies.  Instantly put it on the list after that.  Also, the new total has me somewhere past 70 games.

The thing about the ultimate genesis collection is that I already own so many of the titles and you're not getting any big third party games.  Honestly, I don't care for altered beast or a lot of pre-sonic genesis games.  Playing them on PS3 isn't all too fun for me either.  When you strip out all those games I already own, you're not really left with anything too great, in my opinion.  And, I'd rather have them on the actual console and not on some emulator.  I still own the origional console.

Also, Sonic Mega Collection +, on PS2 disappointed me so much.  The sound effects and music were off, I had to unlock things I could already to with my genesis, and it left a bad taste in my mouth.  I need to play the original.  I'm not sure if I ever did unlock S3&K on that collection, because I dislike sonic 3 on it's own, and would much rather play Sonic 2.  But, together, with sonic & knuckles, Sonic 3 & knuckles is better than sonic 2.  So many gripes when playing sonic 3 alone, like not being able to save lives or continues, lack of super emeralds, not being able to save the sonic & knuckles progress.

once i buy the game, i can play it.  I don't have to buy it on disc, and figure out how to make it available.  That's annoying.

I've always loved the Genesis for their Lethal Enforcer games.

Burning Typhoon said:
Michael-5 said:
Burning Typhoon said:

Ranger X

When I first saw the game, I thought it looked pretty cool.  But then, it started blowing fire at enemies.  Instantly put it on the list after that.  Also, the new total has me somewhere past 70 games.

The thing about the ultimate genesis collection is that I already own so many of the titles and you're not getting any big third party games.  Honestly, I don't care for altered beast or a lot of pre-sonic genesis games.  Playing them on PS3 isn't all too fun for me either.  When you strip out all those games I already own, you're not really left with anything too great, in my opinion.  And, I'd rather have them on the actual console and not on some emulator.  I still own the origional console.

Also, Sonic Mega Collection +, on PS2 disappointed me so much.  The sound effects and music were off, I had to unlock things I could already to with my genesis, and it left a bad taste in my mouth.  I need to play the original.  I'm not sure if I ever did unlock S3&K on that collection, because I dislike sonic 3 on it's own, and would much rather play Sonic 2.  But, together, with sonic & knuckles, Sonic 3 & knuckles is better than sonic 2.  So many gripes when playing sonic 3 alone, like not being able to save lives or continues, lack of super emeralds, not being able to save the sonic & knuckles progress.

once i buy the game, i can play it.  I don't have to buy it on disc, and figure out how to make it available.  That's annoying.

I agree with the bold

I just never played that many Genesis games at the time, and my backlog is pretty full with SNES/PS1/PS2 games. I'm actually working on completing my SNES/PS1/PS2 collection, if you look at "My Games" I own everything there, 98% of the games Complete with box and everything. There are still about 50 games I really want to get, mostly from 5th gen systems, and then I'll have a collection reflective of my tastes.

Actually I made a deal with myself. I can buy any retro game I want, as long as I buy it with the profits I make selling games I find at garage sales. Made over $800 over 4 saturdays, and I bought quite a lot recently with it.

I'm just not interested in too much on the Genesis, or at least I don't know what I'd like. Ultimate Collection is a good starting place for me, I'll buy any game I like, but not until I get those 50 or so SNES/Saturn/PS1/N64/PS2 games, and only with my garage sale profits.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

I agree with the bold

I just never played that many Genesis games at the time, and my backlog is pretty full with SNES/PS1/PS2 games. I'm actually working on completing my SNES/PS1/PS2 collection, if you look at "My Games" I own everything there, 98% of the games Complete with box and everything. There are still about 50 games I really want to get, mostly from 5th gen systems, and then I'll have a collection reflective of my tastes.

Actually I made a deal with myself. I can buy any retro game I want, as long as I buy it with the profits I make selling games I find at garage sales. Made over $800 over 4 saturdays, and I bought quite a lot recently with it.

I'm just not interested in too much on the Genesis, or at least I don't know what I'd like. Ultimate Collection is a good starting place for me, I'll buy any game I like, but not until I get those 50 or so SNES/Saturn/PS1/N64/PS2 games, and only with my garage sale profits.

My PS2 collection was stolen years ago.  My sega genesis used to be at my grandmothers house, and I played it there when I was for a visit.  So, it was completely safe.  She's passed now, so my genesis is with me for like it was waaay back in the early '90s.  I always did update my home collection.  When '94 came around I upgraded to saturn and left my genesis over to my grandparents.

I don't know if it's a downside or not, yet, but, due to what I did with my genesis, every time I power it up, I remember them.  Don't feel bad or anything like that, though, everyone passes and moves on eventually.

Anyway, with my PS2 collection of 47 games, I cannot remember the games I owned.  I replaced about 5 of them, recovered another 5 and bought a new game I didn't previously own.  Xenosaga.  Which is the only PS2 game I've completed after my collection was stolen.  Honestly, ever since that happened, I've lost my spark for PS2 game.  I don't enjoy them, and can't sit through them anymore. 

But, I took my time with Xenosaga, I probably didn't beat it until last year.

I love my genesis, though  I have lots of good games, and still more to get.  I don't have any "batman: forevers" in my wishlist, lol.  I just want to experience things I missed out on growing up.  And, no joke, I'll be able to wait for PS4 while i play my genesis and new games.   I don't have it reserved, so I'm going to wait a while.