By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Building a better genesis collection

Swap out that POS Batman Forever with Adventures of Batman and Robin (One of the hardest games ever! But amazing non-the-less). Add in the 6 pack to get Golden Axe 1, Super Hang On, Sonic 1, and Streets of Rage 1 (One of the best soundtracks in games). Golden Axe 2 and 3 for good measure.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Swap out that POS Batman Forever with Adventures of Batman and Robin (One of the hardest games ever! But amazing non-the-less). Add in the 6 pack to get Golden Axe 1, Super Hang On, Sonic 1, and Streets of Rage 1 (One of the best soundtracks in games). Golden Axe 2 and 3 for good measure.

Golden Axe 2 was the best Golden Axe.  Funny that was the only one I owned when I was young.  I bought all 3 Golden Axe off Wii VC shop (along with all 3 Streets of Rage).  Played all the Golden Axe and still think number 2 is the best.

sethnintendo said:
darkknightkryta said:

Golden Axe 2 was the best Golden Axe.  Funny that was the only one I owned when I was young.  I bought all 3 Golden Axe off Wii VC shop (along with all 3 Streets of Rage).  Played all the Golden Axe and still think number 2 is the best.

My cousin was the only one with Golden Axe, he had it with the 6 pack (Seriously, greatest Genesis game ever!).  I never got around to playing the second or third until recently when I got the Genesis collection (Best 40 bucks I've ever spent).  I think I rebought them on PSN when they had a PS+ sale.  Interestingly enough the PSN version of the games are the arcade version, the collection version was the Genesis version (Dead characters turned to stone in the arcade but not in the Genesis version).

Streets of Rage is still amazing to this day.  Though I have a bit more nostalgia for the first version because of that 6 pack.  I used to go over my cousin's house often enough and we used to play that game all day, and NHL 94 (Wraparound trick FTW!)

darkknightkryta said:
sethnintendo said:
darkknightkryta said:

My cousin was the only one with Golden Axe, he had it with the 6 pack (Seriously, greatest Genesis game ever!).  I never got around to playing the second or third until recently when I got the Genesis collection (Best 40 bucks I've ever spent).  I think I rebought them on PSN when they had a PS+ sale.  Interestingly enough the PSN version of the games are the arcade version, the collection version was the Genesis version (Dead characters turned to stone in the arcade but not in the Genesis version).

Streets of Rage is still amazing to this day.  Though I have a bit more nostalgia for the first version because of that 6 pack.  I used to go over my cousin's house often enough and we used to play that game all day, and NHL 94 (Wraparound trick FTW!)

LOL.  WHAT?  I didn't know there was a golden axe 2 and 3.  I played the first on my friend's PS3, and didn't like it all too much, honestly....  Which one is best?  Maybe I'll just get that one.

I don't really need the genesis collection, considering my genesis collection is already 37 games strong.  I already have all the sonic games, so, I wouldn't get 40 genesis games, some would be duplicates of things i can already play.

darkknightkryta said:

I LOVED Batman & Robin for the Genesis, I could never get past the beginning though.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
darkknightkryta said:

I LOVED Batman & Robin for the Genesis, I could never get past the beginning though.

Yeah it was hard.  The only reason I ever managed to get anywhere in that game; was because my friend had a controller with "slow motion".  Slow motion being the controller constantly pausing and un pausing.  Good thing for that game is that there was no pause screen and the music kept playing.

darkknightkryta said:
VGPolyglot said:
darkknightkryta said:

Yeah it was hard.  The only reason I ever managed to get anywhere in that game; was because my friend had a controller with "slow motion".  Slow motion being the controller constantly pausing and un pausing.  Good thing for that game is that there was no pause screen and the music kept playing.

I found a controler like that, (official sega branded) in gamestop in 2004, for 4.99!   It's running on e-bay for 16 bucks now...  I don't know what I was thinking, but, I was so mad about people using my stuff, I shorted the controller out on purpose.. -___-

I'll knock some more games off that list before getting a six button controller.

Now, for six button gaming, I have to use that arcade stick...  No problem, but, when i take the genesis over to my friends, I'm not brining that thing with me.  Oh well, I can at least use it at home.