By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Building a better genesis collection

Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:

i believe the game you're trying to find is super offroad

YES!  That's it!

do you know if the genesis version had a four player connection device? Off road is so much fun! Its ridiculous with four people!

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Alien Soldier
Gunstar Heroes
Streets of Rage 1&3
Phantasy Star series
Ecco the dolphin games
Greendog

No greendog, I've already got Streets of rage 2 and I've heard SoR3 isn't all that great.  Alien soldier is another super expensive genesis title that I'm not sure if I want to buy.  But, if I can get a version from another regon, will it work in a US genesis console? The only reason I bothered adding pulseman is because I know it will work in a US console.

Already have Gunstar in my wishlist, and I added Ecco.  I refuse to get any RPG game unless there's a built in save feature.

Streets of Rage 3 is awesome just very challenging and Phantasy Star does have a built in save feature..? Kinda confused by that.

snyps said:
Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:

YES!  That's it!

do you know if the genesis version had a four player connection device? Off road is so much fun! Its ridiculous with four people!

Actually, it does.

General Chaos, and Mega Bomberman are both four player games too.  I can't wait to get all these games on my list...  Forget PS4, lol.

Xxain said:
Streets of Rage 3 is awesome just very challenging and Phantasy Star does have a built in save feature..? Kinda confused by that.

I don't know if it does or not.  If it does, I'll add it.

Around the Network

If you're big on the Disney games, Castle of Illusion Starring Micky Mouse. Mickey Mania and The Lion King are good ones to pick up, more so Castle of Illusion and Mickey Mania, as The Lion King, while a popular Genesis title, doesn't hold up as good as the others do in the gameplay department.

Also, if you're a sports game fan of any kind (and you have some pretty good ones in your collection), then NHL '94 is a must as well.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
If you're big on the Disney games, Castle of Illusion Starring Micky Mouse. Mickey Mania and The Lion King are good ones to pick up, more so Castle of Illusion and Mickey Mania, as The Lion King, while a popular Genesis title, doesn't hold up as good as the others do in the gameplay department.

Also, if you're a sports game fan of any kind (and you have some pretty good ones in your collection), then NHL '94 is a must as well.

Well.. Quack Shot is my favorite, but, that was one of the games we got with the genesis console.  Sonic the Hedgehog and Tommy Lasorda Baseball being the other two.

Quite honestly, outside of Tommy Lasorda baseball, I don't like the sports games.  But, I'll look into NHL. Then again, for some reason, Tommy Lasorda is one of my top 10 on genesis.  Maybe because of me not being able to think of genesis without hearing that catchy music from that game.

Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:
Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:

YES!  That's it!

Actually, it does.

General Chaos, and Mega Bomberman are both four player games too.  I can't wait to get all these games on my list...  Forget PS4, lol.

I know what you're saying. I always get the urge to build my game library with classics in lieu of system launches. Next year you'll see ps4 in a crazy cheap bundle sale and swoop up on it..

snyps said:
Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:
Burning Typhoon said:
snyps said:

YES!  That's it!

Actually, it does.

I know what you're saying. I always get the urge to build my game library with classics in lieu of system launches. Next year you'll see ps4 in a crazy cheap bundle sale and swoop up on it..

Well, actually, I was chatting with a friend of mine a couple of days ago, and I was joking about how I'd bring my sega genesis over...  Except I actually did bring it over.  And, we had a crap ton of fun with it, because most of the games I brought, he'd never played before.

We played Tommy lasorda baseball for the full 9 innings, and did about 6 races in Road Rash II.  I also brought over the worse game I own, Batman Forever for the lulz.  I also brought over cliffhanger, king of the monsters 2, quack shot, and a few others.  It was a good time.  That's why yesterday, I got tom and jerry and world of illusion. I just may head back over this weekend.

The lack of WonderBoy in Monster World sickens me!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)