By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Games with Gold for August: Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 & DR2: Case Zero

Ajescent said:
Why must someone ALWAYS bring up ps+ when xblG free games topic are made? Seriously people, grow up!

Because you gotta admit Microsofts offer looks pretty damn poor in comparison. Yeah, maybe we shouldn't compare stuff, but it's in the nature of things. You always need some sort of reference. If not compared to something else, the graphics of PS2 games are pretty damn good! But in a time where there are PS3 and X360, they look poor. Sure, you can just ignore the offerings of competitors, but why should you? Those new offers are a direct answer to PS+ and until now, not a very good one. But you'll have to give Microsoft time, PS+ also started very poor. 

I got a short ban and I get the message. But seriously, what's the point in glorifying something that just isn't that great? The only positive I can see from Xbox Live games thus far is that you can keep them forever and that it's "better than nothing". But I don't see how it's enough to be worth praising. 

I can't deny I'm a little pro Sony, but I got them all. Check OdinHades Xbox Live Profile if you don't believe me. Wasn't online for some time due to lack of exclusive titles that I'm interested in, but I got that sucker standing here nonetheless. Play whatever console you like, but I think a little bit comparison talk has to be allowed. Every console has it's pros and its cons. But if somebody does something really good (PS+) it's worth praising if you ask me. Yes, also in Microsoft threads, especially if they are about Microsofts direct answer to PS+. But if the mods think different, ban me again. I won't complain, it's your forum, you make the rules. 

Dead Rising 2 is really good though, seriously. :P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Hopefully this is true I don't own either of those games.

To those bringing up Ps+, just leave. We don't care what Sony is giving away for "free" so bugger off.

Awesome choices for free games if true.

Sony fanboys are more likely to start up shit.

Areal-Llort said:
Awesome choices for free games if true.

Sony fanboys are more likely to start up shit.

start? I take it you haven't read the whole thread.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Great! I haven't played either game and I've heard a lot about Crackdown being like Saints Row, and Wright has been saying Dead Rising is great, so I'm looking forward to playing both games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I haven't tried dead rising 2 so this is good news.

Nsanity said:
OdinHades said:
Fact: Need For Speed Most Wanted, Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, Lego Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack are the next free PS Plus games on top of XCOM: Enemy unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, Payday: The Heist, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and Demon's Souls which are already available.

Sorry, could not resist. On a more serious note, Dead Rising 2 is a fun game and it's nice to get it for free. But I hadn't much fun with Crackdown. It's pretty tiring if you ask me. I already own both games but it's great news to everybody who doesn't.

Free until your membership runs out.

Just like your Xbox 360 internet connection.

Stealth troll detected.

"Free" games you can only play if you keep paying?
"Free" games that are never yours to keep?
What the..?

sniper989 said:
walsufnir said:
sniper989 said:
why don't they offer newer games?

perhaps because they give them away for free. to give away games for free you have to talk to the publishers, too, because I am sure they still want to make money with newer games.

but PS+ offers newer titles

Just want to throw this out there, but it is more because PS gamers aren't into the digital games scene nearly as much as Xbox gamers are. That and Sony wants to cash in on the subscription model, as they are a decade behind MS cashing in on Live Gold.

Sony gives a lot of games away because they could really use the business. Offcourse as the end user one would think its because they care, but its just because they want a subscription and are behind on cashing in on it. MS, by comaprison, merely needs to justify continuing what they are allready doing.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

OdinHades said:
Ajescent said:
Why must someone ALWAYS bring up ps+ when xblG free games topic are made? Seriously people, grow up!

Because you gotta admit Microsofts offer looks pretty damn poor in comparison. Yeah, maybe we shouldn't compare stuff, but it's in the nature of things. You always need some sort of reference. If not compared to something else, the graphics of PS2 games are pretty damn good! But in a time where there are PS3 and X360, they look poor. Sure, you can just ignore the offerings of competitors, but why should you? Those new offers are a direct answer to PS+ and until now, not a very good one. But you'll have to give Microsoft time, PS+ also started very poor. 

I got a short ban and I get the message. But seriously, what's the point in glorifying something that just isn't that great? The only positive I can see from Xbox Live games thus far is that you can keep them forever and that it's "better than nothing". But I don't see how it's enough to be worth praising. 

I can't deny I'm a little pro Sony, but I got them all. Check OdinHades Xbox Live Profile if you don't believe me. Wasn't online for some time due to lack of exclusive titles that I'm interested in, but I got that sucker standing here nonetheless. Play whatever console you like, but I think a little bit comparison talk has to be allowed. Every console has it's pros and its cons. But if somebody does something really good (PS+) it's worth praising if you ask me. Yes, also in Microsoft threads, especially if they are about Microsofts direct answer to PS+. But if the mods think different, ban me again. I won't complain, it's your forum, you make the rules. 

Dead Rising 2 is really good though, seriously. :P

Lol looks poor to who? I had never played Fable 3 loved 2, Earth Defense Force, Assassins Creed2, Dead Rising 2 or 1. So how does it look poor to me?