By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Games with Gold for August: Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 & DR2: Case Zero

Major Nelson

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in August will be Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.

Starting tomorrow (August 1st) the award winning Xbox 360 exclusive Crackdown (Normally US $14.99) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through August 15th .

Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can grab BOTH Dead Rising 2 (Normally US $29.99) and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Normally 400 points) for free.

As a reminder, the “Games With Gold” program gives Xbox LIVE Gold Members 2 free games to keep each month. A new title will be available the 1st and 16th of each month.

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/31/games-with-gold-for-august-crackdown-dead-rising-2-dr2-case-zero/

Around the Network

ok this will be awesome if true. First games that i care about that i dont already own lol

Never played Crackdown o.O

Awesome if this is true. I'll be looking forward to seeing what games we get in a few days.

I don't own both games, so consider me satisfied.
Nice move from MS considering DR3 on Xbone. Perhaps this hints to a crackdown on Xbone, too?

Around the Network

sweet while i got off the record i no longer own both the original dead rising 2 and crackdown 1 and was in the mood to buy crackdown 1 again some time

That would be great. I haven't gotten to play Dead Rising 2 yet

Fact: Need For Speed Most Wanted, Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, Lego Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack are the next free PS Plus games on top of XCOM: Enemy unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, Payday: The Heist, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and Demon's Souls which are already available.

Sorry, could not resist. On a more serious note, Dead Rising 2 is a fun game and it's nice to get it for free. But I hadn't much fun with Crackdown. It's pretty tiring if you ask me. I already own both games but it's great news to everybody who doesn't.

Moderated - Kresnik.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Fact: Need For Speed Most Wanted, Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, Lego Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack are the next free PS Plus games on top of XCOM: Enemy unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, Payday: The Heist, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and Demon's Souls which are already available.

Sorry, could not resist. On a more serious note, Dead Rising 2 is a fun game and it's nice to get it for free. But I hadn't much fun with Crackdown. It's pretty tiring if you ask me. I already own both games but it's great news to everybody who doesn't.

Free until your membership runs out.

Never got around to buying dead rising 2 so thats good for me.