By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Games with Gold for August: Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 & DR2: Case Zero

Nsanity said:

OXMUK

This Thursday will see the release of the next game given free to all Xbox Live Gold members as part of the ongoing Games with Gold offer, but currently we don't know which games will replace Assassins Creed 2 in the promotion. Until perhaps now.

As spotted by NeoGaf, Polish gaming website Xbox 360 Online Center is claiming information from "a reliable source" that August's offerings will be Capcom's Dead Rising 2 and the very popular Xbox 360 exclusive Crackdown.

Crackdown, of course, is the open world third person action game from 2007 where you play a super-powered Agent dealing with the unsavoury element of Pacific City - or more accurately, bouncing around a massive city playground collecting orbs and throwing cars at unsuspecting criminals. The more recent Dead Rising 2 has a similar open-world shtick, only you're dealing with hordes of zombies as motorcyclist Chuck Greene in a Las-Vegas inspired city while trying to protect your daughter from becoming a member of the undead. While dressed in a mankini, if you choose.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/59216/rumour-dead-rising-2-crackdown-will-be-the-next-free-xbox-games/

I hate rumors and speculation it does nothing but get people stirred up. I wish at least "news sites" and " journalist" would stop part taking in this trash and opinion posting and wait until there is more concrete facts that way they don't mislead gamers who are looking to be informed. They are more responsible, if you look at the way news is handled across the web for this fanboy stuff than anyone else. Sorry if I got off topic a little bit. It would be nice if this is true. They are two solid games for gamers to enjoy of they haven't already. I just think Microsoft and Sony both get enou bad press over all these "rumors". 

"I support the industry that's why I rock with all of the Big 3!"

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

Fact: Need For Speed Most Wanted, Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, Lego Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack are the next free PS Plus games on top of XCOM: Enemy unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, Payday: The Heist, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and Demon's Souls which are already available.

Sorry, could not resist. On a more serious note, Dead Rising 2 is a fun game and it's nice to get it for free. But I hadn't much fun with Crackdown. It's pretty tiring if you ask me. I already own both games but it's great news to everybody who doesn't.

Moderated - Kresnik.

This post was necessary for the good of mankind.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

why don't they offer newer games?

sniper989 said:

perhaps because they give them away for free. to give away games for free you have to talk to the publishers, too, because I am sure they still want to make money with newer games.

Nsanity said:
OdinHades said:
Fact: Need For Speed Most Wanted, Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, Lego Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack are the next free PS Plus games on top of XCOM: Enemy unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, Payday: The Heist, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and Demon's Souls which are already available.

Sorry, could not resist. On a more serious note, Dead Rising 2 is a fun game and it's nice to get it for free. But I hadn't much fun with Crackdown. It's pretty tiring if you ask me. I already own both games but it's great news to everybody who doesn't.

Free until your membership runs out.

You know you can renew your membership...like you do for gold..once a year. And that "free" joke is getting old

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
sniper989 said:

perhaps because they give them away for free. to give away games for free you have to talk to the publishers, too, because I am sure they still want to make money with newer games.

but PS+ offers newer titles

sniper989 said:
walsufnir said:
sniper989 said:

Yes, but they are not giving them away for free and it is tied to your ps+-account. If you can't see the technical difference between these two solutions I can't help you.

Why must someone ALWAYS bring up ps+ when xblG free games topic are made? Seriously people, grow up!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Good news if true! I still need to play Dead Rising 2.

walsufnir said:
sniper989 said:

Yes, but they are not giving them away for free and it is tied to your ps+-account. If you can't see the technical difference between these two solutions I can't help you.

The only difference I can think of is that the games go away when your subscription ends, which isn't very important since people would have:

1- already played the game

2- renew to play the game.

So what's the difference?

OT: interesting games this time IMO.