By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Fish gets butthurt.. cancels FEZ II - Update: Leaves games industry

FTW

Team Beer 240 65.04%

Team Fish 126 34.15%

Total:366
Wright said:
yo_john117 said:

My God I really dislike some of these immature, annoying indie developers. Cancelling a game because he got offended is probably the most absurd things I've heard in weeks (but much like the drama queens on Facebook that unfriend you every time you offend them and then friend you back in the next couple of day, I have a feeling he won't really cancel the game).

He surely is immature, and he surely is annoying, and he surely has made some controversial comments in the past (just for attention). But, and I'm not defending him, when you're being mocked and insulted 24 hours a day since your first game, I do think that can push you to the edge sometimes.

I honestly haven't been paying too much attention to what's been going on with him (or really any indie developer for that matter...except for Mojang of course ^_^ ) so I wasn't aware that he gets consantly insulted. Still, that's not professional at all nor is it professional for any of the journalists that were insulting him in such a way. Including this Beer guy (whom I've never heard of before today).

Additionally though, if you're constantly getting mocked and insulted on a daily basis, maybe it's time to change your attitude since it has to be pretty poor for that to happen.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Wright said:

He surely is immature, and he surely is annoying, and he surely has made some controversial comments in the past (just for attention). But, and I'm not defending him, when you're being mocked and insulted 24 hours a day since your first game, I do think that can push you to the edge sometimes.

I honestly haven't been paying too much attention to what's been going on with him (or really any indie developer for that matter...except for Mojang of course ^_^ ) so I wasn't aware that he gets consantly insulted. Still, that's not professional at all nor is it professional for any of the journalists that were insulting him in such a way. Including this Beer guy (whom I've never heard of before today).

Additionally though, if you're constantly getting mocked and insulted on a daily basis, maybe it's time to change your attitude since it has to be pretty poor for that to happen.

Perhaps, but that's no reason for a gaming journalist to come and insult him too just for the insult bandwagon. It is totally unprofessional.

Wright said:
yo_john117 said:
Wright said:

Perhaps, but that's no reason for a gaming journalist to come and insult him too just for the insult bandwagon. It is totally unprofessional.

Like I said, those gaming journalists that were insulting him like Beer is/was are also just as unprofessional. Then again, I've noticed that professionalism is something that is actually kind of hard to come by in the gaming world (for both developers and journalists alike).

Phil Fish is trending worldwide on twitter =DDDDDDD

I watched that episode of invisible walls yesterday and I agreed with most of what Marcus Beer said. phil really does come off like an asshole and he should have tougher skin if he wants to remain that way. Marcus is one of my favorite gaming personalities and he isn't right all the time but I tend to agree with what he says more than not.

Also cancelling a game that you and your team worked hard on because someone you dont know said something negative about you is selfish to your team and shows you didn't even take your team into account when making the decision. 

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Wright said:
yo_john117 said:

My God I really dislike some of these immature, annoying indie developers. Cancelling a game because he got offended is probably the most absurd things I've heard in weeks (but much like the drama queens on Facebook that unfriend you every time you offend them and then friend you back in the next couple of day, I have a feeling he won't really cancel the game).

QFT

He's in a documentary about gaming, so this was a good bit before he was super popular and was widely insulted.  He had a pretty bad attitude back then too.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Wright said:
yo_john117 said:
Wright said:

Don't use the term jouirnalist so loosely.  You would honestly be surprised who are really journalists out there are who are just mouth pieces.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
marcus beer is a fucking idiot too, he started the insults .

this industry is pathetic specialy the " gaming journalists ".

Man... You really need to get rid of that .gif. I can barely watch it, it just creeps me out and kind of makes me want to puke.

BasilZero said:

Ahh he'll be back. $$$$ always brings back these types of people.

Wich $$$ ?

Fez only sold 100 000 copies before steam sales and took five years to make.

He didn't get that much money.