By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which cancelled games were you most looking forward to, and why?

I'll list mine from least important to most important.

8 days - I would have liked to see Sony's take on this. It seemed interesting enough.

The next Getaway game - I loved the first game, and I honestly would love to see an open world game of the UK (more expanded). Also, British gangsterism is more interesting than their American counterparts, in my view.

Zone of the Enders HD (Vita). When it comes to games that were not originally designed for the PS3 I tend to prefer them on Vita, and this is no exception. A pity. When I realized Konami was not going to honor their promise I decided to buy the PS3 version instead. I would still buy the Vita version if it surfaced, at some point.

Tekken X Street Fighter - Thought it has not be officially cancelled, recent word suggests the Tekken creator has no interest in developing the title, and in my book that i tantamount to a cancellation. I love Namco's approach to fighters and it would have been truly interesting to see how they would have integrated characters from Street Fighter's stable into the world of Tekken.

Zone of the Enders 3 - Anything from Hideo Kojima is worth a run in my book, and after playing the second game I would LOVE to see what he could do with next gen hardware.

The next Legacy of Kain game that was supposed to be a follow up to LOK: Defiance. I LOVE this series. Love lOve loVe lovE it! I REALLY wanted to see the series come to a conclusion after Raziel gave Kain his 'final gift' in Defiance. I was distraught when I realized it had been in development before it was cancelled. Ah well ... Vae Victis!

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Oh and just to make a funny ... the original conception of Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. What I saw when it was called "Title Fight" - in video form of course - seemed more interesting than the form it dawned at retail.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Mega Man Legends 3, after years of inactivity, I was hoping (even if it meant buying a demo centered around a fake Zero stand in) that I would get to see one of the most original and fun incarnations of Mega Man get a proper conclusion and be released in a era where its potential might be realized.

Instead, I get kicked in the nuts and told to screw off. At least when they cancelled Star Fox 2 we eventually got Star Fox 64, Legends and Mega Man itself is so buried its fanbase best news in years usually winds up being guest spots in fighting games. A once major franchise brought low... makes you miss the battle network craze.

Chrono Break, or whatever the third Chrono game was going to be called.

Star Fox 2 on SNES (it was damn near complete!)

Dinosaur Planet on N64 (would love to have seen Rare's original "Zelda killer" in all its non-Starfox tacked on glory).

Robotech: Crystal Dreams... one of the more impressive looking N64 launch titles that got canned.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

The Last Guardian. Yes, I went there.

Star Wars: Battlefront 3, though this kind of seems to be back. I'm not sure if it's the same game, though.

Star Wars 1313, on the other hand, shows no signs of ever coming back

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

NightDragon83 said:
Dinosaur Planet on N64 (would love to have seen Rare's original "Zelda killer" in all its non-Starfox tacked on glory).

I have something for you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cOVBRJToVDY

Star Wars 1313. The game was visually stunning, and I was interested in seeing a grittier take on the Star Wars universe.

orniletter said:
NightDragon83 said:

I have something for you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cOVBRJToVDY

Nice, I've seen that before, it made me want the game even more.  You can tell they "borrowed" alot from the Zelda N64 games from the way the characters handle and the combat style.

This game could've been to Zelda what Banjo was to Mario 64.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

The Legends of Dragoon sequel.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share