By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tired of Nintendo Games/Features coming out in Japan First

So I know this may sound selfish and such.  But I really am. 

Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl, WiiFit, etc.

Plus all kinds of channels like the Everybody's Nintendo's Channel, and the newly announced Everyone's Common Sense TV channel.

Anyone else sick of it?  I know people in Europe have it worse than America.  Nintendo has said they are trying to release things at the same time, but it doesnt seem like it.  Also, I know it would be hard to release SSBB at the same time everywhere.  Ninty would need 4 million + copies in the first week most likely.  They could at least switch up the releases though.  America gets WiiFit and channel first, Japan gets MKWii, SMG first, Europe gets SSBB and a channel first.

Thoughts? 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

I'm with you on this... But, what can we do?

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Metroid Prime 3 says hi.

Also, Nintendo, a Japanese company, says hi.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Metroid Prime 3 says hi.

Also, Nintendo, a Japanese company, says hi.
 True.  Retro Studios is an American company.  Thats probably why.  And I know Ninty is a Japanese company.  But they are huge all over.  So I think they should cater to all terrotories equally. And I know there really is not much we can do.  I was just seeing if others shared my sentiment. 

Digg VGChartz!

you haven't been to Europe, have you?

We have no rights to complain, those guys had it MUCH worse.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
you haven't been to Europe, have you?

We have no rights to complain, those guys had it MUCH worse.
 I said in my first post "I know people in Europe have it worse than America."  And yes Ive been to Europe many times. =]

Digg VGChartz!

just be glad we're not getting delays like south korea

they just got the ds last year and still need to wait for the wii to come

You know....it doesn't bother me at all.

A lot goes into getting games into other territories.

First there the whole concept of production/supply. Seems to me I remember something about SSBB being in short supply in the land of the rising sun. WiiFit....ditto. Mario Kart Wii....most likely. And that's just one territory. Wanna have to pay an ebay premium to play SSBB in its first month?

Also...games don't come translated/localized. This isn't something you rush...otherwise all your base are belong to us.

Also....have you ever thought of how they essentially make the Japanese the guinea pigs for their products. Take for instance all those dirty Wiis in Japan. Must be a lot of smokers....that or something happened in production that will most likely be fixed between their launch and ours.

I will conclude by the most obvious of answers....just hold your damn horses.
Nintendo rocks our socks. I'll let them call the shots.

Well, since they're a Japanese country, they can distribute their games in Japan faster. Not to mentio, for SSBB, they barely can keep up with the demand even now when it's only out in one country--imagine if they had the same amount released worldwide.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I agree with what most are saying here. No, it's not ideal that Japan gets most products first, but it's understandable. I imagine if Nintendo had localization teams working side by side with their Japanese studios on every project, it would really complicate things. More people involved on one project, means more communication between teams at once, and also more corrections on game and dialogue changes to be made. I think this is actually less of a problem for Nintendo than many companies, since they don't have to censor much of their content or do much voice recording for their games.

It just seems more natural and efficient doing it as they have been. But really, the gap between Japan and American releases seems to be shrinking, so I think it's far less an issue than it once was. Some of the gaps you cited are practically due entirely to supply issues(Brawl and Wii Fit). The gap between the Japanese and American releases for Galaxy and Brawl really aren't very large at all. I do wish they would hurry up with the Everybody's Nintendo Channel though. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."