By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U a failure in concept or execution?

So?

Concept 75 11.92%

Execution 199 31.64%

Both 187 29.73%

Neither 167 26.55%

Total:628

I say neither, because it's just like the 3DS again.

The sales of the Wii U have already surpass the PS Vita for the same week after only releasing Pikmin 3 in Japan only (source: July 13 2013 sales week from VGChartz). So obviously "single-player-asymetrical-gaming" is going to take off like crazy once more games come out like Pikmin 3 in the West, and the rest of this year's releases.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

The sales of the Wii U have already surpass the PS Vita for the same week after only releasing Pikmin 3 in Japan only (source: July 13 2013 sales week from VGChartz). So obviously "single-player-asymetrical-gaming" is going to take off like crazy once more games come out like Pikmin 3 in the West, and the rest of this year's releases.

Nintendo consoles in recent history have pretty much always sold less handhelds by a pretty large margin at that.

Aside from about a 2-3 year blip when the Wiimote was the hottest thing in consumer electronics, Nintendo consoles have sold significantly less than their handheld counterparts, so I'm not sure this is the best arguement, unless you are going back to the days of the SNES. 

oniyide said:
Mandalore76 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

Those games certainly can't run on ps360 without downgrades, just like ps4/xone titles, and that's what he asked me to list.

oh, almost forgot. add X to that list.

thats NOT what i asked you, i said give me list of games released on Wii U NOW that CANT run on PS360, you gave me a bunch of games that havent even released yet and all of those could run on PS360. Here's an example of a game that can run on one system but not the other. Skyrim cant run on Wii, period.

Pikmin 3 released over 2 weeks ago.

that game could run on PS360, it wont look as good, but it could run.

just like ps4/xone titles could run on ps360.

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

did i mention PS4 or Xbox1? NO i didnt, if you're going to reply stick to what i said and actually refer to the console i mentioned, other wise you have nothing

Its a lie prove me wrong. Show me a game that has released on Wii U that looks MUCH better than what is on systems right now, show me a game released on Wii U that cant be dont on PS360/PC.

pikmin 3, mario 3d world, bayonetta 2, mario kart 8, sonic lost worlds, donkey kong tf...

and I think you meant only ps360, because PC is superior than ps4/xone.

I think those games look beautiful but ur exaggerating by saying they are much better looking than PS360 games. I do believe we will see games eeventually that put those consoles to shame.

Those games certainly can't run on ps360 without downgrades, just like ps4/xone titles, and that's what he asked me to list.

thats NOT what i asked you, i said give me list of games released on Wii U NOW that CANT run on PS360, you gave me a bunch of games that havent even released yet and all of those could run on PS360. Here's an example of a game that can run on one system but not the other. Skyrim cant run on Wii, period.

The matter of the discussion is wii u being more powerfull than ps360. that means a game having released or not is irrelevant to the point. those games will be on wii u and couldn't run on ps360.

Also, look at nintendoland.

so in the end you cant name a game, thats what i thought. I asked the question so you are not in a position to say what is relevant about my own question that I asked, just admit you couldnt answer it. Never said WIi U wasnt more powerful, just that the difference in power isnt significant and that shows in the games that are already out. PS3 is more powerful than Wii and that is a significant differance.

Nintyland is just an uprezzed Wii game, you much be smoking great stuff if you think that couldnt run on PS360

I named nintendoland, the other guy mentioned pikmim 3, and there's a ton more coming. it's not my fault that you're so blind by your hate that you call nintendoland an upscalled wii game. seek help, seriously.

Aquietguy said:

Piss poor camera controls or not, it was done before dual analogs. Just like dual analogs enhanced camera controls, so does the pad enhances menu navigation  as well as other functions.

But the pad DOESN'T enhance menu navigation or other functions.  Before I responded to this I went to go check out Ocarina of Time on my 3DS to compare; you have to take your eyes off the top screen to use the secondary screen for a menu.  This is no different than replacing what's currently on screen with a menu (Which is how it was originally done).  The Wii U has this same problem but worse; since the pad and T.V. aren't anywhere near each other when playing.  Though I do like being able to overlay objects with the Wii U pad, but for the budget that the pad eats up for the console's price; it just wasn't worth it.  Which goes back to being a problem conceptually.  The cost of everything for the Wii U was just too high for everything.

Around the Network

Both, although they REALLY lacking on the execution part. There have been way worse concepts that have sold far better.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Mandalore76 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

Pikmin 3 released over 2 weeks ago.

that game could run on PS360, it wont look as good, but it could run.

just like ps4/xone titles could run on ps360.

cause you know that and played them for a fact? Please Infamous already looks beyond the capabilities of any console on the market now, including Wii U

Zero999 said:

I named nintendoland, the other guy mentioned pikmim 3, and there's a ton more coming. it's not my fault that you're so blind by your hate that you call nintendoland an upscalled wii game. seek help, seriously.

if you really think Nintyland cant run on PS360 then your the one that needs help

@Onyide and Zero

Two things:

Ease up on the quote trees.

You're both starting to get personal. Ease off.

*flies off*

Soundwave said:
Kaizar said:

Nintendo consoles in recent history have pretty much always sold less handhelds by a pretty large margin at that.

Aside from about a 2-3 year blip when the Wiimote was the hottest thing in consumer electronics, Nintendo consoles have sold significantly less than their handheld counterparts, so I'm not sure this is the best arguement, unless you are going back to the days of the SNES. 

I meant it will sell a lot, but NOT handheld amount. Like 95 million Wii U & 200 million or so 3DS. So I see the Wii U selling less then half as much as the 3DS, but going to do good for a Home Console as the games keep coming and getting localize.