By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X-play gives DMC4 3/5

X-Play is not very good for reviews. Isn't the gamerankings average like an eighty something percent? And 3/5 is sixty percent. Somehow I doubt that Adam even played or reviewed the game. Also didn't they give No More Heroes a 5/5 when no one else reviewed it that high? X-Play saddens me.

Around the Network
weezy said:

a true gamer would tell you Ninja Gaiden is far superior than DMC and GoW

also

Ninja Gaiden = best controlled slasher ever. IDK what game you were playing

actually GOW is better then NG,because NG had a lot of camera issues

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

weezy said:
Good thing Sesslar isnt mindless to only look at graphics as do most ps3 fans.

Its obvious that you havent tried the game , because if you would have , than you would know that boss battles like in DMC 4 are impossible to do on last-gen sistem ... also , who would want beat 'em ups to evolve in the first place ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

weezy said:

a true gamer would tell you Ninja Gaiden is far superior than DMC and GoW

also

Ninja Gaiden = best controlled slasher ever. IDK what game you were playing

So, true gamers are the ones that think exactly like you ?....

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

MANUELF said:
Ouch, is a bad note, the same than Mario Party 8 and Pokemon Battle Revolution, is very very bad note .

This is irrelevant. Mario Party and Pokemon Battle Revolution is not the same type of game as DMC. Comparisons like this doesn't make sense at all. If you absolutely want to compare scores between games then you have to compare with games from the same genre.

A 3/5 score is not a bad score at all. To me it shows that the game is a great game if you're a fan of the genre, but it probably wont be a good game for people that prefers other genres. A 5/5 is a game that is a game that everyone should enjoy. This way of reading scores still have its flaws though. How is it really possible to set a score on something like a game anyway? There are too many variables that have to be considered.

Maybe game reviewers should write a summary of the review instead of setting a score? There are too many people that only look at the score and uses it as an argument. It's not a good way of judging a game. 

Around the Network

DMC4 looks like it's pretty much elements of 1 and 3 mixed together with very little new, other than HD graphics and very pretty cutscenes. Some people have no problem with that, but others will undoubtedly be annoyed by the gameplay being virtually same for the fourth game in a row.

Not sure what I think about the game yet, but I'm probably at least borrowing it eventually. Devil May Cry and the hack 'n slash genre in general have been good to me so far.

I personally think DMC 4 is exactly what most people thought it would be a very good game with very good graphics. I played for about 4 hours on my PS3 last night and while not in the same league as God of War it is a very good hack and slash had alot of fun with it.

I guarantee you this if they announced DMC4 coming to Wii this site would be full of Wii fans going omg the greatest game ever is coming to our platform.

Also for the comment of all PS3 owners needing the prettiest graphics I laugh at that statement as many PS3 owner are playing PS2 and PS1 games which last time I checked those graphics don't knock you on your ass. I probably still play x-com ufo defense about 10 hours a week.

Why do people have to hate cause they don't have one system. All 3 systems are great at what they do I will leave it at that.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

doom102575 said:

All 3 systems are great at what they do I will leave it at that.

Orange Box for the PS3 says hi.

Words Of Wisdom said:
doom102575 said:

well what about oblivion that turned out better on ps3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Words Of Wisdom said:
doom102575 said:

Considering both games were done by different companies that is the worst possible game you could have brought up. Oh and hello Orange Box sorry don't want to be rude to you.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)