By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X-play gives DMC4 3/5

Words Of Wisdom said:
doom102575 said:

All 3 systems are great at what they do I will leave it at that.

Orange Box for the PS3 says hi.

In all fairness, that's mostly because Valve handed off the porting duties to another company, who did a piss-poor job of it.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

DMC4 seems like it is just what DMC fans would want. I think the problem is that these types of games are just not as popular anymore. It would be like if MGS4 came out with a top down only view, where it was you against some terrorists, and it had dummed down AI with predicable patterns. Instead it seems like Hideo is trying to take MGS into the next gen by incorporating First Person Style, mulitple factions on the battlefield, and intelligent AI. Plus people are tired of linear games. Uncharted was great, and I played through it 4 times, but I prefer playing open world online games like warhawk. Hope that all makes sense.

DMC4 wil give those who like its style of gameplay exactly what they want. Reviews almost don't matter for a game like this or any continuation that delivers more of the same.

I guess reviews might influence buyers new to the franchise but its clear that overall DMC4 is going to review well so again on its own this review likely doesn't matter much.

FYI I'm not a DMC player but I have friends who are and they'll be buying without looking at a single review, like many gamers do with franchises they like. It'd be like 360 owners waiting for reviews on Halo 3 and general feedback... which they don't they get the game right away and start playing.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

poor DMC4.

3/5?...from x-play?....my word....its horrible then...do not buy it...it got a 3...

Around the Network

Is that 3 talking fish out of 5 or 3 flying waffles out of 5?

Seriously though, X-Play was not impressed.  That's all the review score means.

I like X-Play myself.  I disagree with some of their review scores and agree with others, however my liking of the show is not based on the review scores.  It's based on the fact that watching it amuses me.

Still, X-Play will give Super Smash Bros. Brawl 5 funny pikachu hats out of 5 when it comes out so it's all good.