By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So Detroit is now Bankrupt...

killerzX said:
the2real4mafol said:
killerzX said:
thats what 50 years of total democrat and union control (but i repeat myself) will do to a city.

And Republicans are any better? They would of let the same thing happen. Detroit was only about cars, it didn't diversify enough and now it suffers since the industry went. 

bold: yes.

detroit is the perfect microcosm of what democratic and union policies will do to a city/state/country over time, especially if they have total control for over 50 years, like detroit.

Alright show me a city that has been run by republicans for the last 50 years and is still prosperous. To me, both parties are as bad as each other. Might as well be a corporate dictatorship in place in the United States. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

no republican has been elected in Detroit since 1970. the last republican mayor was Lewis Miriani elected in 1957. this is the democrats utopia of uncontested power.
This city used to be the richest in America in 1960 with the highest per capita income.
The head of the school board in Detroit could NOT read. His name is Otis Mathis.
If the people didn't notice the corruption of the single party rule then they are getting what they deserve.

Diversity had nothing to do with it crumbling look at the morons who ran it for years, the mayor who smoked crack, killpatrick I think his name was. this city had it coming for a long time. they need to get it together the hard way now and clean that shit up from he top down.

I'm going to answer no on all three questions. This was along time coming.Just research it,because I'm to lazy to explain exactly way. other people can probably answer better,then me.

the2real4mafol said:
killerzX said:
the2real4mafol said:
killerzX said:
thats what 50 years of total democrat and union control (but i repeat myself) will do to a city.

And Republicans are any better? They would of let the same thing happen. Detroit was only about cars, it didn't diversify enough and now it suffers since the industry went. 

bold: yes.

detroit is the perfect microcosm of what democratic and union policies will do to a city/state/country over time, especially if they have total control for over 50 years, like detroit.

Alright show me a city that has been run by republicans for the last 50 years and is still prosperous. To me, both parties are as bad as each other. Might as well be a corporate dictatorship in place in the United States. 

i cant think of any (large) city that has had over 50 years of uncontested republican power. but i can tell you there isnt a bankrupt city that is in debt over $20 billion that has been in uncontested control by republicans. and there certainly isnt a failed republican city that has had everything going for it like detroit had. (like being the auto capital of the world, there is no reason why detroit should be a failed city, if not for the corupt and failed policies of democrats and unions.

I think Nintendo should buy Detroit.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
the2real4mafol said:

2. How can Detroit become prosperous again? if possible

I give you...

Delta City!

I was just about to post "Robocop 3 actually happened O_O"

But you beat me to it.

LiquorandGunFun said:
no republican has been elected in Detroit since 1970. the last republican mayor was Lewis Miriani elected in 1957. this is the democrats utopia of uncontested power.
This city used to be the richest in America in 1960 with the highest per capita income.
The head of the school board in Detroit could NOT read. His name is Otis Mathis.
If the people didn't notice the corruption of the single party rule then they are getting what they deserve.

Diversity had nothing to do with it crumbling look at the morons who ran it for years, the mayor who smoked crack, killpatrick I think his name was. this city had it coming for a long time. they need to get it together the hard way now and clean that shit up from he top down.

He can read, but he doesn't have good grammer 

http://www.theroot.com/views/detroit-school-leader-otis-mathis-cant-write

1st thing we have to fix is the safety. I live near Detroit actually and if no one wants to shop there, work there, invest in there, or just scared to just be there, $$ is not going to be coming in.

Don't know how to do this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Its cause people are leaving and no one wants to live there. They should try to fix their city and make it safe.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

LiquorandGunFun said:

Kilpatrick wasn't a mayor.  She was a councilwoman.