By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Of Us Equals COD Record In The UK

GribbleGrunger said:
So I take it it's the only game in the charts then and the success of COD has nothing to do with media push and advertising?

When was the last time Call of Duity got released during a Summer?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Whilst this is a fine achievement, to Ignore the release date is silly and rather defensive of you.

What he says is true.

If COD released in the Summer it would be number one for months.  There will be plenty of games that have much higher first 6 week sales than this but didnt get anywhere near the record.  I'd say the actual number of sales is what counts, TLOU scores very well in that regard but it sure isnt record breaking.

Does everything get reduced to fanboy to people like you? I'm being being 'defensive'.  Nope, I'm celebrating a job well done.

The PS5 Exists. 

Standard procedure

GribbleGrunger said:
foodfather said:
No ideas why games don't release in the summer. It works for movies, it should work for games too. With no competition, this is quite an easy feat.

LOL. I see, so it won by default and not because it's a fantastic game.

I think you're missing the point, and being defensive for no reason. Nobody is saying TLoU isn't great.

The point is that the summer is an easy time to throw in a great game and have it do good numbers for a good while because for some reason there's little competition in the summer. Nobody wants to release their hits in this time frame, which I have to agree is pretty weird.

The COD record is equalled. Well done ND.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I understand why first even in the 6th consecutive week.....just finished the Survivor mode...now need to try the game on Plus mode. It grows on you which means there are others as well with the same issue and thus gets reflected in the overall sales.

Its having great legs. New IP. Summer release. So late in the generation.

Would be great if it could hit a 7th week, but with Pikmin releasing it should be impossible.

Either way, good job Naughty Dog! Good job Sony!

I doubt it would have done it if released in the Christmas period. But an excellent achievement is an excellent achievement all the same.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

GameAnalyser said:

I understand why first even in the 6th consecutive week.....just finished the Survivor mode...now need to try the game on Plus mode. It grows on you which means there are others as well with the same issue and thus gets reflected in the overall sales.

I'm on my 4th playthrough. I've finished it on hard, hard+ and Survivor, and now I'm half way through on Survivor+. This is without doubt the greatest game I've ever played.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
The COD record is equalled. Well done ND.

Right? It's not NaughtyDog's fault they chose a good time to release. The record still stands regardless of how much the games sold.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.