Microsoft 21 3.94%

Squareenix 10 1.88%

Namco Bandai 28 5.25%

Capcom 3 0.56%

Marvelous AQL 30 5.63%

Other 22 4.13%

Total:532
BinaryDelt said:

Good points.  I was coming from the perspective of being a gamer who owns and prefers Sony's platforms and I like Atlus's games, so I figured win-win.  What you're saying makes sense though. Hopefully however it turns out, they are still left to churn out great games.

Yes, this is the most important thing. It would be a shame to see their catalogue restricted to one console family... but I'd rather see Etrian Odyssey and Trauma Center moved to Sony platforms than Shin Megami Tensei Kinect.

(Although Trauma Center + Kinect could potentially be hilarious fun)

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
BinaryDelt said:

Not disagreeing with you, but why would the first parties be terrible?

Sony particularly seems to let their first parties do their thing, so I think it would be good.

Because of the number of games that would immediately be shut down if a first-party bought the company.

You think we'd ever see SMT X Fire Emblem if Sony or Microsoft bought Atlus? What about Devil Survivor 2: Break Record, and future Etrian Odyssey installments (Millenium Girl, for instance, already released in Japan and being brought to America later this year)?

And if Nintendo bought Atlus, what would happen to Persona 5, a game most likely already well underway for PS3 and 360?

Atlus needs the support of multiple platforms to be successful. If a first-party bought them, it would be like cutting off two of their limbs.

Im sure Atlus could easily port it to the Wii U. Persona is not an exclusive franchise, and there was one already listed for the 3ds around the time it was announced. You never know... 

KingKazuma34 said:

Im sure Atlus could easily port it to the Wii U. Persona is not an exclusive franchise, and there was one already listed for the 3ds around the time it was announced. You never know...

Oh boy. Persona 5, Wii U exclusive. Nobody would be upset about that.

Seriously, half the reason Atlus made Catherine was to get used to developing for PS3 and 360. Persona 5 is likely very far along at this point. To suddenly switch not only from two consoles to one but to an entirely new console the team has never touched before would be a horrible move for them financially.

Marvelous AQL. Ken Kutaragi will make sure that next projects will be Sony exclusives anyway :P plus the games will likely be in 4D O_O

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Anfebious said:
Oh please NO! For the love of god don't let it be nintendo or microsoft xD. Imagine the Shin Megami Tensei series co developed with game freaks . It would be really toned down. Atlus should be independent.

Yeah, Nintendo seems to hate SMT, so much infact they they will publish it in Europe !

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Sony, the best choice for gamers everywhere.

why would Sony be the best choice ?

I'd be satisfied with anyone picking them up. Just so I can play their games still.

Krusnik said:
well if it was up for sale I don't think potential ROI for having Atlus for either of the "big 3" would justify the expense really...what kind of sales do their games generate anyway 1M - 1.5M tops....?

More than 1M is pretty good actually. Both have first-party series that sells fewer than 1M regularly. NIntendo keeps Monolith, although it only made ever one title with more than 1M sales, and that was for PS2 back then it wasn't part of Nintendo. Index said (if I recall that right) that Atlus is profitable, the games don't seem to cost that much. So yeah, it has high potential for first party: a strong fanbase and profitable products.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

BinaryDelt said:
the_dengle said:
BinaryDelt said:
Oh I hope Sony picks them up...

Sony would be terrible. So would Nintendo.

Microsoft would be cataclysmic.

It better be a third-party.

Not disagreeing with you, but why would the first parties be terrible?

Sony particularly seems to let their first parties do their thing, so I think it would be good.

Atlus would lose fans. Persona is pretty much PS-exclusive, EO and SMT Nintendo-exclusive. In both cases some fans wouldn't make the switch. Many would though, so I think both companies might be very interested in Atlus.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

the_dengle said:
KingKazuma34 said:

Oh boy. Persona 5, Wii U exclusive. Nobody would be upset about that.

The Bayonetta meltdown would be nothing in comparison. And it would be same if Etrian Odyssey 5 or Shin Megami Tensei 5 would be Vita-exclusive. OK, if would buy the Vita the same second, but not without complaining.