Sony 187 35.08%

Microsoft 21 3.94%

Squareenix 10 1.88%

Namco Bandai 28 5.25%

Capcom 3 0.56%

Marvelous AQL 30 5.63%

Other 22 4.13%

Total:532

I hope that a third-party publisher picks up Atlus, because its fanbase is spread across different platforms. I wouldn't mind Namco-Bandai picking them up, as long as they're willing to release Atlus titles outside of Japan.

Around the Network
arcelonious said:
I hope that a third-party publisher picks up Atlus, because its fanbase is spread across different platforms. I wouldn't mind Namco-Bandai picking them up, as long as they're willing to release Atlus titles outside of Japan.

lol I wouldn't count on it.

Oh I hope Sony picks them up...

BinaryDelt said:

Sony would be terrible. So would Nintendo.

Microsoft would be cataclysmic.

It better be a third-party.

Nintendo needs this the most but Sony pls.

Around the Network

well if it was up for sale I don't think potential ROI for having Atlus for either of the "big 3" would justify the expense really...what kind of sales do their games generate anyway 1M - 1.5M tops....?

the_dengle said:
BinaryDelt said:

Sony would be terrible. So would Nintendo.

Microsoft would be cataclysmic.

It better be a third-party.

Not disagreeing with you, but why would the first parties be terrible?

Sony particularly seems to let their first parties do their thing, so I think it would be good.

BinaryDelt said:

Sony particularly seems to let their first parties do their thing, so I think it would be good.

Because of the number of games that would immediately be shut down if a first-party bought the company.

You think we'd ever see SMT X Fire Emblem if Sony or Microsoft bought Atlus? What about Devil Survivor 2: Break Record, and future Etrian Odyssey installments (Millenium Girl, for instance, already released in Japan and being brought to America later this year)?

And if Nintendo bought Atlus, what would happen to Persona 5, a game most likely already well underway for PS3 and 360?

Atlus needs the support of multiple platforms to be successful. If a first-party bought them, it would be like cutting off two of their limbs.

the_dengle said:
BinaryDelt said:

Because of the number of games that would immediately be shut down if a first-party bought the company.

You think we'd ever see SMT X Fire Emblem if Sony or Microsoft bought Atlus? What about Devil Survivor 2: Break Record, and future Etrian Odyssey installments (Millenium Girl, for instance, already released in Japan and being brought to America later this year)?

And if Nintendo bought Atlus, what would happen to Persona 5, a game most likely already well underway for PS3 and 360?

Atlus needs the support of multiple platforms to be successful. If a first-party bought them, it would be like cutting off two of their limbs.

Good points.  I was coming from the perspective of being a gamer who owns and prefers Sony's platforms and I like Atlus's games, so I figured win-win.  What you're saying makes sense though.  Hopefully however it turns out, they are still left to churn out great games.

Microsoft's big chance to score any success in Japan.

It's just that simple.