Microsoft 21 3.94%

Squareenix 10 1.88%

Namco Bandai 28 5.25%

Capcom 3 0.56%

Marvelous AQL 30 5.63%

Other 22 4.13%

Total:532
CDiablo said:
I gotta go with MS, the rage would be hilarious.

You get a kick from seeing studios getting closed down?

Around the Network

This is your chance to do something smart Nintendo.

Nem said:
Boutros said:
Yeah I don't think Nintendo would have green-lighted a game like Catherine. So I don't know if Atlus and Nintendo have compatible visions.
Also Nintendo already has dedicated teams that work on JPRGs (Monolith Soft, Intelligent Systems, Game Freak, etc.) whereas Sony really doesn't have any team. Square Enix used to fill that hole. Honestly Sony is the one that could benefit from it the most especially on the Vita in Japan.
But Nintendo did appear to be willing to expand and so buying Atlus would be a good option.

But I'd rather see Square Enix or Namco buy them. I feel like that's how they would keep as much creative freedom as they currently do.

SMT x Fire emblem though. I dont think Nintendo would allow Sony to get them.

What do we know about that game though? For all we know it's still very early in development and early enough to be canned without big monetary repercussions.  For example many Rareware games were cancelled when Microsoft acquired them.

Or they could agree on finishing the title as is. But I don't know how those things work.

Sony, the best choice for gamers everywhere.

BasilZero said:

A first party publisher/developer getting Atlus would be devastating - I hope it isnt any of the big three who gets it.

If it does we could potentially see watered down sequels or western influenced changes lmao.

I agree, it should go to one of the big japanese publishers, but not SquareEnix. They probably would ruin it. Sega (unlikely, as they struggle themself), Capcom or Namco. If either Sony or Nintendo gets them and they go exclusive with their games it would be devastating for a lot of fans.

Atlus is one of the companies that makes a lot of games I like, and it seems they are also profitable with it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Nem said:

SMT x Fire emblem though. I dont think Nintendo would allow Sony to get them.

What do we know about that game though? For all we know it's still very early in development and early enough to be canned without big monetary repercussions.  For example many Rareware games were cancelled when Microsoft acquired them.

Or they could agree on finishing the title as is. But I don't know how those things work.

They have had intelligent systems work on it for at least 7 months now, probably longer. That is a big cost right there if it gets flushed down. But, if Sony would allow current projects to be completed in the event of a buyout, there wouldnt be a problem. But if Sony or microsoft looks to make a bid im sure Nintendo will intervene. They already have money riding on this.

Otakumegane said:
Atlus sold to EA, becomes Bioware Japan. The horror.

Oh my god. You give me the creeps. I would prefer Microsoft over EA as the one who buys Atlus.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I have questions. Perhaps dumb but I don't know.
Can't Atlus like...buy themselves?
I mean don't they have all the infrastructures to be an independant company?
Why do they need a parent company?

hmm what about capcom, ea, and activision.

Nem said:
CDiablo said:
I gotta go with MS, the rage would be hilarious.

You get a kick from seeing studios getting closed down?

No, but seeing people like you overreact is pretty amusing.