Squareenix 10 1.88%

Namco Bandai 28 5.25%

Capcom 3 0.56%

Marvelous AQL 30 5.63%

Other 22 4.13%

Total:532
BasilZero said:
Nem said:
I would say Nintendo and namco bandai are the biggest contenders. The other companies are in financial trouble and probably cant afford it.
Dunno about Gung ho and i guess with the PS4 looming to be a sucess maybe Sony has a margin to get them.

If it wasnt for their current conditions i would say square-enix though.

What do you think about Marvelous AQL? I dont think they are in a financial turmoil of any kind o.o

Its fine if they have the financial fortitude to aquire them. I tend to think that the smaller developers/publishers just cant afford them. I would be ok with the pick though, as localisation chances would be high.

RenCutypoison said:
I know one of the big three who needs more genres and japanese games in his catalog.

But seriously, please not Microsoft.

I don't want an Xbone at home

If that happens, it will be the end for ATLUS. The japanese wont stand for it and the company will just end up closed down by microsoft. It would effectively be the end of SMT and Persona.

Around the Network

I don't think Nintendo will buy them, because they already have JRPG making 1st party studios. they're better off investing in some Western one and growing that.

I don't really think Sony will either, because they don't really have the $$, and Atlus is more of a handheld developer than a console one. (Looking at recent game releases)

I think Namco will take em, and we're never going to get the games localized.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Sony could benefit from buying them, but i doubt it'll happen. I think we are more likely to see a third party buy them up.

Otakumegane said:
Atlus sold to EA, becomes Bioware Japan. The horror.

thats too cruel, dont say that. im not much of a fan of atlus but that is just unhumain!

Nem said:
I would say Nintendo and namco bandai are the biggest contenders. The other companies are in financial trouble and probably cant afford it.
Dunno about Gung ho and i guess with the PS4 looming to be a sucess maybe Sony has a margin to get them.

If it wasnt for their current conditions i would say square-enix though.

if atlus is only a portion of an expected $149M sellout sony can afford them if they want to.    really, just about anyone could if they wanted to.

Around the Network

Yeah I don't think Nintendo would have green-lighted a game like Catherine. So I don't know if Atlus and Nintendo have compatible visions.
Also Nintendo already has dedicated teams that work on JPRGs (Monolith Soft, Intelligent Systems, Game Freak, etc.) whereas Sony really doesn't have any team. Square Enix used to fill that hole. Honestly Sony is the one that could benefit from it the most especially on the Vita in Japan.
But Nintendo did appear to be willing to expand and so buying Atlus would be a good option.

But I'd rather see Square Enix or Namco buy them. I feel like that's how they would keep as much creative freedom as they currently do.

I voted Marvelous, because Rising Star Games would actually bring stuff to PAL regions in a timely fashion.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I gotta go with MS, the rage would be hilarious.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Boutros said:
Yeah I don't think Nintendo would have green-lighted a game like Catherine. So I don't know if Atlus and Nintendo have compatible visions.
Also Nintendo already has dedicated teams that work on JPRGs (Monolith Soft, Intelligent Systems, Game Freak, etc.) whereas Sony really doesn't have any team. Square Enix used to fill that hole. Honestly Sony is the one that could benefit from it the most especially on the Vita in Japan.
But Nintendo did appear to be willing to expand and so buying Atlus would be a good option.

But I'd rather see Square Enix or Namco buy them. I feel like that's how they would keep as much creative freedom as they currently do.

SMT x Fire emblem though. I dont think Nintendo would allow Sony to get them, unless it doesnt affect the project.

Oh please NO! For the love of god don't let it be nintendo or microsoft xD. Imagine the Shin Megami Tensei series co developed with game freaks . It would be really toned down. Atlus should be independent.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"