By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

JayWood2010 said:
TiagoCosta said:

If youre looking for japanese games then get PS.  Phil Spencer is an awesome head that is changing Xbox's image and has already made some great decisions like Scalebound, Phantom Dust, Tomb Raider, as well as rumored games like Banjo and others.  But he is no wizard either.  I dont expect him to shell out tons of money for miniscule sales in japan.  The thing about Scalebound and Phantom Dust is yes theyre japanese games, but also can be successful world wide rather than just the east.  Microsoft is wealthy, but i believe Xbox funds will be going to bigger games and franchises.

This is no offense to japanese games, but they dont sell well for the most part.  Japanese developers will need to decide to support xbox on their own.  The best Microsoft can do is support Xbox in japan with games like Scalebound, Phantom Dust, and maybe another first party ip like those.  But again, itll likely appeal to the west just as well.

How can xbox win that mindset? this is not even xbo vs ps4, this is about the future. 

Believe it or not, many 360 owners decided for 360 instead of ps3 for jp games. 

And yeah, I've said it before if nothing changes I'm changing sides next gen. 

And I strongly disagree with spencer being awesome, not even close. He's the typical pr guy.

Around the Network

Edge Of Eternity crossed the 44k line, next up stretch goals.

shikamaru317 said:

Some Xbox fans seem to be almost fanatical in their devotion to Phil. But has he really earned that level of devotion? Yes, he's a better head than Mattrick, but that's not really saying much is it? Let's look at the controversial things that Phil has done so far this gen:

• Promising Japanese support in order to sell Xbox One's to people, and then largely failing to deliver on that promise.
  • Largely ignoring countries other than the US and the UK when making promotions for Xbox One. 
  • Buying often expensive 3rd party marketing deals and then failing to use them effectively. For instance Dragon Age: Inquisition and Evolve.
  • Saying that losing SFV to Sony wasn't a big deal because they have Killer Instinct. 
  • Saying that 1st party is more important to him than 3rd party, but then failing to open many new 1st party Xbox studios since XB1 released (most of the new studios turned out to be working on HoloLense).
  • Caving in to pressure about Tomb Raider and letting people know that it was timed before it even released, which killed some of it's sales potential as an exclusive.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't just a problem with Phil, his counterparts at Sony and Nintendo have made alot of mistakes as well, and yet many fans still idolize them. It doesn't make much sense to me.

These are basically the only 2 I care about Hopefully at least 1 of those new studios is AAA 1st party. Also I hate how he tries to be nice to gaming fans who have no interest in his console, that really upsets me.

smroadkill15 said:
roborad said:
Is limbo worth it for 4 bucks?

Yes! Definitely worth it 

Picked it up.  :)

shikamaru317 said:

Some Xbox fans seem to be almost fanatical in their devotion to Phil. But has he really earned that level of devotion? Yes, he's a better head than Mattrick, but that's not really saying much is it? Let's look at the controversial things that Phil has done so far this gen:

• Promising Japanese support in order to sell Xbox One's to people, and then largely failing to deliver on that promise.
  • Largely ignoring countries other than the US and the UK when making promotions for Xbox One. 
  • Buying often expensive 3rd party marketing deals and then failing to use them effectively. For instance Dragon Age: Inquisition and Evolve.
  • Saying that losing SFV to Sony wasn't a big deal because they have Killer Instinct. 
  • Saying that 1st party is more important to him than 3rd party, but then failing to open many new 1st party Xbox studios since XB1 released (most of the new studios turned out to be working on HoloLense).
  • Caving in to pressure about Tomb Raider and letting people know that it was timed before it even released, which killed some of it's sales potential as an exclusive.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't just a problem with Phil, his counterparts at Sony and Nintendo have made alot of mistakes as well, and yet many fans still idolize them. It doesn't make much sense to me.

I agree with pretty much all of that except maybe the last point which I find only fair play to say that if he got asked these question like a million times on every possible way. To let people believe something which isn't true just so that they buy an XBO would make him worse as to be honest about it. 

Marketing is a huge problem for MS. Even from USA and UK you can hear that they fail to advertise some of the third party games properly (like Dragon Age, the GotY  god damn MS) which does not only cost console sales but is also a sign for thrid party devs that you should rather get deals with Sony who will invest a lot in marketing for these games. 

But if we look at markets like Germany marketing is pretty much dead except for very few games like CoD. They didn't even try to sell the console with games like Forza Horizoin 2, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall or the MCC here which is just laughable. In every single year I see more ads for one or maybe two  PS games as for all Xbox games together but Sony has ads for pretty much every game and if it's just SingStar. 

Even the next gen ports of something like Diablo or TLoU had better marketing as all MS's games. 

But then I will read about some analyst who will say that MS invests much more in marketing and I think I'm just stupid, watch the wrong channels or whatever^^

Around the Network

Has anyone played costume conquest 2?
Any opinions on it?

shikamaru317 said:

Is DoA5:LR just randomly crashing for anyone else? It has locked up and crashed like 6 different times for me in the last 20 minutes. That is a serious issue, not minor at all. Hope this is a temporary thing and not evidence of a sloppy port from Ninja Team. I'm going to try resetting my Xbox and see if it happens again.

Lemme know if that improves cus I was thinking about buying it. Not gonna waste the money if they did a bad job though 

shikamaru317 said:

Is DoA5:LR just randomly crashing for anyone else? It has locked up and crashed like 6 different times for me in the last 20 minutes. That is a serious issue, not minor at all. Hope this is a temporary thing and not evidence of a sloppy port from Ninja Team. I'm going to try cold restarting my Xbox and see if it happens again.

My connection is too slow for >9GB so I can't check it..

true_fan said:
shikamaru317 said:

These are basically the only 2 I care about Hopefully at least 1 of those new studios is AAA 1st party. Also I hate how he tries to be nice to gaming fans who have no interest in his console, that really upsets me.

So you want him to be an asshole?

Tomb Raider looks amazing, Glads it's on Xbox One.