By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are Pikmin 3 FW sales proof enough for you that the Wii U is not doomed?

Nyleveia said:i have pikmin 3, i was one of those 100k ish that bougt it, and its about the first time my wiiu got switched on in months.

only to be switched off again an hour later

Are you implying you don't like the game? o_O
Also, I've always said it'll take a collection of games to sell Wii U, rather than any one game on it's own. The weekly average should gradually increase after each release. Pikmin 3 is only the start!

Around the Network
Nyleveia said:
How many more games are going to be claimed 'the one that will save the wiiu' only to not meet expectations then be excused as 'well you cant expect a single game to fix things' thats nintendos entire problem, withoit third part titles to prop up the quiet periods, even if nintendo fans dont want to admit it, nintendo doesnt have the time or the franchise base to pull off single handedly satiating an entire hd platform.

until theres a aaa game per month youll simply see a small spike in unit sales with each release and back to little after that, when the xbox one and ps4 launch that spike is going to get smaller and smaller too

i have pikmin 3, i was one of those 100k ish that bougt it, and its about the first time my wiiu got switched on in months.

U claimed this earlier but when people called u out on it u didnt respond. What games r u talking about that people said would save Wii U? And whem did people say that about Pikmin?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

dominate?! LMAO! no, it will be all ok. but dominate is a strong word.

So is the Vita not doomed now then?

TheKoreanGuy said:
So is the Vita not doomed now then?

It never was

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Ur right and wrong at the same time. We have seen this with Vita but Vita gets one game and then stops,But with WiiU its getting alot of others. If u want a system seller wait for Super Mario 3D World or Mario Kart 8 WiiU will fly off shelfs.

IMSM

oniyide said:

3DS will dominate.  Wii U will pick up this holiday season and finally get into a groove next year with MK and Smash. 

Nyleveia said:
How many more games are going to be claimed 'the one that will save the wiiu' only to not meet expectations then be excused as 'well you cant expect a single game to fix things' thats nintendos entire problem, withoit third part titles to prop up the quiet periods, even if nintendo fans dont want to admit it, nintendo doesnt have the time or the franchise base to pull off single handedly satiating an entire hd platform.

until theres a aaa game per month youll simply see a small spike in unit sales with each release and back to little after that, when the xbox one and ps4 launch that spike is going to get smaller and smaller too

i have pikmin 3, i was one of those 100k ish that bougt it, and its about the first time my wiiu got switched on in months.

Let me just make this clear...  All the titles like Pikmin, W101, etc will help Wii U sales but aren't true system sellers.  SM3D World can be considered a system seller.  If that game bombs then Nintendo might have a slight problem.  However, MK and Smash are the true system sellers.  Those games are released next year.  You act like people believed games like Lego and Pikmin would see huge increases in sales.  Almost no Nintendo fan believed that sales would skyrocket with these titles.  If MK and Smash bomb then you have a point.  Right now you are just spewing nonsense stating Nintendo fans are acting like Vita fans saying this game will save the system...  I remember when Sony fans stated Uncharted and CoD would save the Vita.  However, I don't remember any Nintendo fan saying Pikmin, W101, Lego, etc would save the Wii U.  Only the big guns like Smash and MK can save the Wii U.

I call bullshit on the bold.  So you live in Japan huh?  And you bought Pikmin 3 right to switch it off a hour later?  I smell bullshit.

sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:

3DS will dominate.  Wii U will pick up this holiday season and finally get into a groove next year with MK and Smash. 

we're clearly talking about the WIi U here, and i know it will pick up. But Im not sure it will "domintate"

Depends on what do you mean by "doom", 3rd place in gen(2nd if x1 failes) and ~40m is not "doom", but not great either.

And Pikmin sales shows pretty much nothing, it's average, there will be no ~100k boost for wii u in a week or something like that,

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.