By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are Pikmin 3 FW sales proof enough for you that the Wii U is not doomed?

spurgeonryan said:
prayformojo said:
spurgeonryan said:

The game sold about 100,000 in it's first few days in Japan.

It did not give the Wii U a huge boost, but this is just one game. One game a month and the Wii U all of a sudden shoots up.

For me, I am relieved and convinced now that the Wii U can easily over come it's current predicament with a few huge games.

No one really wanted Pikmin 3 that much. Many are happy that it is here, but it was never on anyone's " I must have this game!", list.

So are you also now convinced that Nintendo will soon dominate again?

Nintendo will NOT dominate this gen in any way, atleast on the home console front. It's way past the point where that could be possible. But the system will sell decent enough, and the games WILL come out, and they'll be great.

What's interesting is the amount of short sidededness on the internet these days. I've been a core gamer since the days of the 2600, so Nintendo not dominating isn't a shock to me. I witnessed a time (1996-2006) where Nintendo's rep as a player in the industry was almost nill. Out of 6 home consoles, they only dominated twice, and won three times. This is nothing new. Nintendo will be fine, they'll survive. That's all that matters IMO.

But the Wii U has had less time than the 3DS has had to turn its self around.

The 3DS isnt a WiiU, thats like assuming the PS3 will sell well because the PS2 did, or assuming the 360 would sell badly because the original Xbox did, its just silly - its not even the same sort of gaming device, youre comparing a portable handheld thats less than half the price, to a home console that offers nothing new.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
prayformojo said:
spurgeonryan said:

It did not give the Wii U a huge boost, but this is just one game. One game a month and the Wii U all of a sudden shoots up.

For me, I am relieved and convinced now that the Wii U can easily over come it's current predicament with a few huge games.

No one really wanted Pikmin 3 that much. Many are happy that it is here, but it was never on anyone's " I must have this game!", list.

Nintendo will NOT dominate this gen in any way, atleast on the home console front. It's way past the point where that could be possible. But the system will sell decent enough, and the games WILL come out, and they'll be great.

What's interesting is the amount of short sidededness on the internet these days. I've been a core gamer since the days of the 2600, so Nintendo not dominating isn't a shock to me. I witnessed a time (1996-2006) where Nintendo's rep as a player in the industry was almost nill. Out of 6 home consoles, they only dominated twice, and won three times. This is nothing new. Nintendo will be fine, they'll survive. That's all that matters IMO.

The 3DS's lacks strong competitions, which strengthened its position and allowed it a big turnaround. The WiiU is basically up against the PS3, 360, PS4 and Xbone at the same time. All 4 of them would have to be failing for the WiiU to be able to turn around like the 3DS did. I do think its sales will pick up, and its LT sales should at least reach 40/50 million (around SNES numbers) should things go well, but I don't see it dominating anything.

Zekkyou said:
spurgeonryan said:
prayformojo said:
spurgeonryan said:

The 3DS's lacks strong competitions, which strengthened its position and allowed it a big turnaround. The WiiU is basically up against the PS3, 360, PS4 and Xbone at the same time. All 4 of them would have to be failing for the WiiU to be able to turn around like the 3DS did. I do think its sales will pick up, and its LT sales should at least reach 40/50 million (around SNES numbers) should things go well, but I don't see it dominating anything.

not true, it will doninate 3rd place

prayformojo said:
spurgeonryan said:

so they won the most times -.-