By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony have a mascot?

Sony Mascot?

Kratos 62 23.13%

Nathan Drake 52 19.40%

Sackboy 65 24.25%

GT car...? 27 10.07%

Not voting 62 23.13%

Total:268

No Sony is the only one of the big 3 without a mascot and its a bit too late to establish one now

Around the Network
Cold-Flipper said:
BinaryDelt said:

I'd agree with you that Sony has a mascot identity problem, but maybe it's a good problem to have. With so many first party franchise characters and no one really standing out significantly above the rest, it's kind of a testament to the variety of gaming in the PlayStation universe. You could argue for many, but the top picks would probably be Drake, Sackboy, or Kratos.

I agree that it isn't really a bad thing but I wouldn't say it's good either. It is good to have some type of brand or characacter to fall back on during struggling times. Plus, if it extends past gaming, it means more profit for the business.

The fact that Nintendo has at least 3 characters that are more well-known than Sony's top dog isn't the best thing to have from a business perspective.

Agreed.  Just saying their progression towards forming an identity has yielded many strong characters, albeit none of them strong enough to stand next to Mario or the like.

ethomaz said:

Crash was the first... after that Sackboy get close to that.

Kratos is a good option too.

And if you uses the biggest IP (like Halo for MS) then Gran Turismo is the name.

Lol a race car versus MasterChief would be a funny battle to watch.  I personally think Kratos should be the mascot because he has been around longer than Drake or Sackboy. 

I would say kratos. He is easily the most famous Sony character as of now. Besides, he is synonymous with kicking ass and taking names.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

007BondAgent said:
Yeh, me :)

Came here to say Turkish but i think i'll give it to you. Get ready to be in Playstation All Stars Hunger Games 2. 

Around the Network

NobleTeam360 said:

Lol a race car versus MasterChief would be a funny battle to watch.  I personally think Kratos should be the mascot because he has been around longer than Drake or Sackboy.

That's a really good point because in most cases Mascotes are funny... so I didn't consider Master Chief a mascote... in fact MS didn't have one.

Sony too... Kratos is too violent to be a mascote... so the Sackboy is the most close to that in Sony console.

I loved Crash BTW.

Whoever say the trademark "ple-estes-yon" at the end of every commercial. I can picture an android like asian female.

For me it is Ratchet and Clank as Crash, Spyro and Jak and Daxter have all fallen away and Sackboy needs another game (PS4 please?) to lock him in having longevity or he could be like the three I just mentioned and reside in a single generation of Playstation. I guess growing up in 8 and 16 bit era I equate mascot to Mario and Sonic.

Kevin Butler even after the Mario Kart lawsuit.

I was gonna say Jack Tretton, but that's not an option.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash