By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony have a mascot?

Sony Mascot?

Kratos 62 23.13%

Nathan Drake 52 19.40%

Sackboy 65 24.25%

GT car...? 27 10.07%

Not voting 62 23.13%

Total:268

The way they put em out there.. you would think Sackboy...

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Around the Network

Polygon Man!

Smeags said:

Polygon Man!

If I don't even know who that is... he's a lousy mascot.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I don't think Sony needs a marcot any more than Colombia Pictures, Netflix or Electronic Arts need one.

hatmoza said:

If I don't even know who that is... he's a lousy mascot.

From the Pedia of Wiki:

Polygon Man was the former mascot for the Sony PlayStation in North America. He appeared in the consoles pre-launch ads commenting on various launch games but was dropped before the launch of Sony’s first console and replaced by a series of popular game characters starting with Sofia from Battle Arena Toshinden, Parappa the Rapper, and Crash Bandicoot.

Phil Harrison, then head of Sony's European game publishing business, recollected the reaction of Ken Kutaragi, global head of the PlayStation brand, when Kutaragi saw the Polygon Man for the first time.

“I remember walking onto the E3 booth in 1995 with Ken and seeing the Polygon Man design on the side of the booth. Ken just went absolutely insane,” says Harrison. Kutaragi was upset that SCEA was spending its limited budget on an alternative brand. “But the thing that really upset Ken was that the Polygon Man design wasn’t Gouraud shaded, it was flat shaded! So Polygon Man was taken out into the car park and quietly shot.”

In 2012, Polygon Man resurfaced as the main antagonist and final boss of fighting game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

-

Truly a legendary figure of this gaming age.

Around the Network

I would say Nathan Drake or Kratos, but neither of them are as relatable to the Sony brand as Crash Bandicoot or Spyro were. Sony really should have kept those IPs

deadly2choke said:

kevin butler?

or "the invisible man",you can find his picture and his name written on every playstation(with invisible ink)

They haven't really got just one like Nintendo had. I would Sackboy is sort a mascot but others would say Crash Bandicoot was at one point. Or possibly Kratos or Nathan Drake or even Solid Snake. It's not set in stone really.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018