By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony have a mascot?

Sony Mascot?

Kratos 62 23.13%

Nathan Drake 52 19.40%

Sackboy 65 24.25%

GT car...? 27 10.07%

Not voting 62 23.13%

Total:268

Toro Inoue.

-Y

Around the Network

It's a car (Gran Turismo, best selling PS franchise).

I wish it was Sweet Tooth, as Twisted Metal is the only ps1 franchise from my childhood that they haven't abandoned(poor spyro and crash bandicoot). But I'm pretty sure it's Kratos, though Ratchet and Clank is probably the most milked franchise they own, so maybe them? Idk.

And ya, mario vs Pikachu, that's tough. But I would say Pikachu.

Something...Something...Games...Something

It's Ellie. You dont f*ck with her.

BinaryDelt said:

I'd agree with you that Sony has a mascot identity problem, but maybe it's a good problem to have. With so many first party franchise characters and no one really standing out significantly above the rest, it's kind of a testament to the variety of gaming in the PlayStation universe. You could argue for many, but the top picks would probably be Drake, Sackboy, or Kratos.

I agree that it isn't really a bad thing but I wouldn't say it's good either. It is good to have some type of brand or characacter to fall back on during struggling times. Plus, if it extends past gaming, it means more profit for the business.

The fact that Nintendo has at least 3 characters that are more well-known than Sony's top dog isn't the best thing to have from a business perspective.

JustThatGamer said:

It's Kratos, he's by far the most popular character on PlayStation. Sackboy for the younger gamers.

I don't think that's a fair way to judge it. Don't get me wrong, I often use google trends too as it can be pretty telling, but the fact that Kratos is a thing outside of gaming, I'd say it isn't accurate.

Around the Network

Toro and Koro are Japan mascot only! Sheesh... we only just got our first Toro game here in the west just a few weeks ago.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Ratchet and Clank?

Uncharted is by far the best-selling PlayStation series of this gen that features humans, so Nathan Drake.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

spurgeonryan said:

also...of course Mario is.

Are you sure? Mario games sell more because the spin offs are way more successful than Pokemon (spin offs) but Pikachu has merchandise on his side.

I went to NYC about 2 weeks ago and literally every anime type of store there had Hello Kitty & Pikachu everywhere...I bet Pikachu is all over Japan as well.

JustThatGamer said:

Yeah, it's defintely Kratos for Sony. Now I want to see a 3 way fight to the death between Master Chief, Super Mario and Kratos!

you would like to see kratos slaughter master chief and mario?