By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Core exclusives Sony (PS3) Vs MS (X360).

foodfather said:
Halo 4 outsold all ps3 exclusives put together last year. What does that tell you about the quality of the ''exclusives''.

This tells me you believe sales = quality. I loled.

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
@Euphoria
So the numbers are skewed towards PS3. Thanks for answering my question. This list just shows that Kinect was a success and Move was a flop.

Or it shows that MS stopped caring about the core and producing new IP for them and instead jumped aboard the Kinect boat.

Yes, you could be right about one being a flop and the other not. However, if you want to go this route we could say that it isn't good that MS invested less into their core than Sony did into their failed peripheral.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

tuscaniman99 said:
@Euphoria
So the numbers are skewed towards PS3. Thanks for answering my question. This list just shows that Kinect was a success and Move was a flop.

it solded did it not?

tuscaniman99 said:
@Euphoria

Which doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things, because Move support has still been there and will be there next gen.

Move has had more exclusives on PS3 though, than the 360 has had non-Kinect exclusives. Read into that what you will.

Actually... Looking at this list just hammers home why Microsoft are putting Kinect in every Xbox One box. Theyre gonna support it like crazy.

@Euphoria
Well I was satisfied with the amount of games I got to play on both consoles. Regardless the numbers are skewed and basically disregard half of the Xbox 360s life. As of right now the Xbox One is dominating in exclusives so what is this list proving? That in 5 years PS4 will finally have more exclusives? I guess I'll stick with my original plan then. Buy a Xbox One and in 3-4 years time when the PS4 catalog actually gets good I'll pick one up for cheap.

Around the Network

@Carl2291
And Microsoft is supporting the core like crazy as well. They have already announced more exclusives for the first year than I could purchase. Throw in third party games and Xbox One already has me set for games for at least a couple years already.

DarthVolod said:

Very deceptive list. XBLA is excluded, and console exclusives gone along with a focus on 2010-2013 which ignores over half of 360's life cycle (which includes a bunch of great games you can pick up dirt cheap now).

According to Wikipedia:

List of Xbox 360 games = 959 games (multiplatform: 757; exclusive: 123; console exclusive: 79) on this list as of June 6, 2013.

List of PS3 games = 772 games (multiplatform: 621; exclusive: 143; console exclusive: 8) as of January 14, 2013.

Keeping in mind that the PS3 list is not as well maintained for some reason, we still get (even with a decent margin of error) a much better picture of the 360 experience which includes a much larger number of console exclusives (79 vs. 8) than the PS3. Get rid of console exclusive, you get rid of awesome games like Minecraft, Fable, ect. ... so what if you can get these games on PC. Not everyone has a $900 gaming rig that can handle modern games with no performance issues.

Omit console exclusives and manipulate a few variables and yes, a very one-sided list you get.

Also, this pretty much shows us that Sony has abandoned the MOVE. Hate Kinect all you want, but at least it has support. 

a lot of the core games in the PS3 list can be FULLY played with the move. heavy rain, killzone3, littlebigplanet karting, infamous 2, Socom 4, resistance 3 and littlebigplanet 2. could you tell me how the kinect list can even compete with that? add to that bioshock infinite it fully playable with the move as well. 

bananaking21 said:
MoHasanie said:
bananaking21 said:
foodfather said:
Halo 4 outsold all ps3 exclusives put together last year. What does that tell you about the quality of the ''exclusives''.

ill be able to say the same thing about GT and xbox exlusives this year. 

Do you mean Xbox 360 exclusives only or both 360 and Xbox One exclusives? Cause if you mean only Xbox 360 exclusives then that's not a fair comparison since there is only Gears of War Judgement, and Titanfall this year so its kinda obvious that GT will outsell them. In comparison, Sony released a lot more PS3 exclusives in 2012. 

why isnt it a fair judgment? because microsoft ditched the 360? 

why is it a fair to compare games from last year but not this year? Sony didnt release one big game last year on the PS3, they decided to go with low-mid budget games. why is it fair to compare twisted metal and PS all stars to halo? but its not fair to compare gears VS gt? its a fair comparison. thing is, there is a possibilty that by the end of the year, this years PS3 exlusives will outsell 360 exlusives by a ratio of 7:1 or so. 

Well, yes, because MS did ditch the 360. 

Its not fair because Sony released 14 exclusives last year (according to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)#PlayStation_3). So Halo 4 outsold all 14 combined. And you're saying GT will outsell 2 of MS's exclusives this year. I still don't see how this comparison is fair. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Yeah, the support for Wonderbook is awesome as well.

tuscaniman99 said:
@Euphoria
Well I was satisfied with the amount of games I got to play on both consoles. Regardless the numbers are skewed and basically disregard half of the Xbox 360s life. As of right now the Xbox One is dominating in exclusives so what is this list proving? That in 5 years PS4 will finally have more exclusives? I guess I'll stick with my original plan then. Buy a Xbox One and in 3-4 years time when the PS4 catalog actually gets good I'll pick one up for cheap.

It disregards half of the PS3 lifetime as well and doesn't include many of their top titles. It doesn't even include what was arguably PS3's greatest year which was 2009.

We also can't even really try to compare XBoxOne and PS4 exclusives right now. We have only had 1 event for them to display what they have.

If you want to have an idea on where it MIGHT go though, you can check the survey taken from 300 devs at the european GDC. PS4 has the most games currently in development and for the future I believe it is something like 38% to work on PS4 compared to 21-22% for XBoxOne.

So I think everyone should wait before taking a list of 5-10 games each and acting like it is a roadmap for the future.

Edit - I also find it funny that you think PS4 will take 3-4 years to get a library that is "actually good". If you have been watching the last 5 years you would know that they pumping out more games and new IP than anyone else.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!