By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Core exclusives Sony (PS3) Vs MS (X360).

attaboy said:
Man. PS3 trounced the 360 when it comes to exclusives! I don't think they should have included games that haven't even released yet on the PS3 side (Beyond) and not do the same on the Xbox side (Fable Anniversary) but hey, it's not my list. I'm a PS3 owner and I haven't even heard of some of those PS3 games! This list is good for the purpose it serves but I'm also a 360 owner. I love it, too.

List doesn't include ports or remakes, which is why it also does not include the God of War Collections, Ratchet Collections, Sly, Jak, etc...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Skewed list is skewed. Spin it however you want but this isn't comparing the full lineup of exclusives which would be much closer in numbers if the list started at day 1 for both consoles. Regardless this gen has lasted 8 years which is way too long. How long do you really want the companies to pump out new exclusives for this gen? I moved on over a year ago. I did play TLOU which was a good game but IMO Sony still creating more exclusives for the PS3 is waste of resources. They should be focusing whole heartedly on the PS4 and let third party carry on with the 7th gen for the next couple years. Halo 4 was a good send off for the Xbox 360. Now it's time to focus on the Xbox One.

foodfather said:
Halo 4 outsold all ps3 exclusives put together last year. What does that tell you about the quality of the ''exclusives''.

Cod outsells basically evrything whats that tell you about quality?

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

tuscaniman99 said:
Skewed list is skewed. Spin it however you want but this isn't comparing the full lineup of exclusives which would be much closer in numbers if the list started at day 1 for both consoles. Regardless this gen has lasted 8 years which is way too long. How long do you really want the companies to pump out new exclusives for this gen? I moved on over a year ago. I did play TLOU which was a good game but IMO Sony still creating more exclusives for the PS3 is waste of resources. They should be focusing whole heartedly on the PS4 and let third party carry on with the 7th gen for the next couple years. Halo 4 was a good send off for the Xbox 360. Now it's time to focus on the Xbox One.

you know not everyone is going to jump on the next gen consoles right away, right? people still gonna want some 1st party games to hold them over.

Euphoria14 said:
attaboy said:
Man. PS3 trounced the 360 when it comes to exclusives! I don't think they should have included games that haven't even released yet on the PS3 side (Beyond) and not do the same on the Xbox side (Fable Anniversary) but hey, it's not my list. I'm a PS3 owner and I haven't even heard of some of those PS3 games! This list is good for the purpose it serves but I'm also a 360 owner. I love it, too.

List doesn't include ports or remakes, which is why it also does not include the God of War Collections, Ratchet Collections, Sly, Jak, etc...

Yeah.  But there's a difference between a port and a remake.  All of the PS3 games you listed were pretty much the same games they were on PS2 with better resolution.  Fable is supposed to be totally remade with new stuff, just like Halo Anniversary.  But, like I said, it's not my list.

I've always compared consoles like this:  Count everything.  If PS3 has 102 titles and Xbox has 100, they all count.  Full library vs. full library.  Doesn't matter which ones are exclusive or not.  I'm sure the Wii has more exclusives since 2006.  The multi-plats on either of the HD twins makes them the better choice than any number of Wii exclusives the Wii might have.  A comparison like this would make a game like Tomb Raider obsolete since it's multi-plat.  Compare one system's whole library vs. one system's whole library if you're comparing two systems.  If I were only buying either the PS3 or the Xbox 360 and I felt like playing Splinter Cell Conviction, it shouldn't matter if it's also on the PC.  It should only matter that, of the two consoles, there's only one of the two that has the game I wanted.  But hey, to each his own.

Around the Network

@gooch_destroyer
It's been 7 years for PS3 and 8 years for the Xbox 360. This is the longest generation of gaming ever. If someone doesn't have enough first party exclusive games to play then he/she should find a new hobby.

tuscaniman99 said:

It's nobodies fault but your own for reading the list wrong.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

I like how there's some exclusive games for 360 nowhere to be seen.

Add them, it wont make a difference. 

Add them and remove the trash no one would think of playing on the Ps3, (360 as well) and things can be a bit different.

I didn't know Pupetteer was a retail exclusive, though. Kudos to Sony for that. Thought it was PSN.

kowenicki said:
Pat performance is no indication of future returns.

The ONE has more exclusives coming than the PS4 at the moment.

it doesnt. it has more announced exlusives. but the PS4 has more exlusives coming. MS has 15 in its first year, sony has 20. its simple math

kowenicki said:
Pat performance is no indication of future returns.

The ONE has more exclusives coming than the PS4 at the moment.

"at the moment" indeed.