By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will The Same Strategy For The 3DS Work On The Wii U?

Not to the same extent as 3DS but it will improve drastically

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

They should've really had Mario Kart out by this year....

At this point the big holiday title for 2015 might be the next Zelda.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:

Next year looks pretty stacked though, Mario Kart, SSB, probably that new IP miyamoto was talking about, Bayonetta 2, X, Sonic Lost World, and we know more will be announced. 

Sales will improve drastically once the games start flowing regularly.
Next year will particularly helpful with both Mario Kart and Smash.
It's not going to dominate like the 3DS, but it won't be in a coma any more.

nope......handhelds and consoles......wii u has a stronger competitions......and 3ds only has the vita is the stronger handheld but 3ds blows it with the support and install base....though i have both and love them..

Around the Network

if they drop 30% of the price like 3ds, it would.
but wii U for 200$ is impossible.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Otakumegane said:

Next year looks pretty stacked though, Mario Kart, SSB, probably that new IP miyamoto was talking about, Bayonetta 2, X, Sonic Lost World, and we know more will be announced. 

Sonic Lost World is coming out this year.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

i think they have a solid holiday... will it outsell ps4 or xbox one? i doubt.... but if they continue it like this it could be good for the wii u in the long run....

yes they can rest for 3ds for a while....

they have freaking pokemon this year.... they can worry for mid next year for 3ds.....

but for wii u.... they need a complete support for that system...

i wonder if they will ever make kid icarus U..... it would work perfect for their tablet!

Soundwave said:

The 3DS also got a monster (no pun intended) exclusive in the Monster Hunter series for Japan. Plus Mario Kart for Japan.

Plus an $80 price drop within like 7 months. And Ocarina of Time Remake > Wind Waker, OoT is far more popular.

The Wii U is not equivalent.

yeah..Mon Hun being exclusive on nintendo consoles hurts the VITA....capcom is lazy to make a new game engine which is what the game should be if it is on the vita......instead they chose the easy way and business wise its good cause they just use the ps2 engine to make 3ds games....and nintendo bitched slappped sony on paying capcom to make it exclusive....

They really need to advertise the system better. I got mine last week, and when unboxing after work, practically all my workmates didn't know it was a new system. Some thought it was just a controller. My supervisor called it a WiiToo. When updating it at my mates place(he just saw the controller at first), he said it wasn't even a real console. Yet after an Hour with Tekken Tag 2, Miiverse and Rayman Legends Challenge App they were all raving and praising it *facepalm*. Basically "They knew nothing", Nintendo really needs to communicate to the mass market that this is a brand new console.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine