By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Breaking News: George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty!

J_Allard said:
Slimebeast said:

So you know Trayvon wasn't a thug, but you do know that he couldn't possibly have said "you got me"?

And so what if he in reality said "you shot me". What difference does it make? Why would Zimmerman lie about that and purposelly change "you shot me" into "you got me".

I didn't say I know Trayvon wasn't a thug. I said we have different definitions of thug. If some bad behavior as a teenager and some stupid social network posts makes someone a thug, then I hate to break it to you guys but a majority of teenagers are thugs then. I guess they all deserve to be stalked and shot dead.

And there is a world of difference between "you got me" and "you shot me". For one, "you shot me" would directly contradict Zimmerman's own account of what happened, because it would imply surprise that Zimmerman was armed and that he shot the kid. Among many other reasons so blatantly obvious, they shouldn't need to be pointed out.

Like I said, it's ok though. Others have called George out for the sheer lunacy of a 17 year old kid saying "you got me" and he has changed his story. So it's ok ;)

Of course Trevyon got surprised. He is on top, feeling confident about the situation, smacking Zimmerman and suddenly he sees a gun and two seconds later he is shot in the heart.

You wouldn't be surprised? Nothing would surprise you more. Talk about an abrubt change of situation here. From abuser to become a dying man within two seconds. What a shock.

"You got me" or "you shot me" are both very natural things to say by reflex in that situation, and neither of it contrdicts Zimmerman's account.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

"you are in danger". No, he didn't feel that way. Witness accounts don't support that. You do not know how young men tend to be very confident and have attitude problems and being very protective of their integrity, manhood and pride? I have no diffuclty imagining this young man was easily provoked just like millions of other young steroid filled young men are. He realized this older man was following him and while walking for a couple of minutes he started to feel increasingly offended and got angrier and angrier until it boiled over.

If there are several people in this very thread alone thinking Zimmerman did something morally very wrong by following the young man and acting like a wannabe cop, then why wouldn't the young man feel the same thing and decide he would teach him a lesson? There are several people in this thread who argue it would have been right and perfectly understandable if Trevyon attacked Zimmerman for stalking him.

I do think it's plausible that Zimmerman physically grabbed his jacket though. I can imagine that from a wanna-be cop who thinks he is on to something, who thinks he is about to catch a burglar. But, we don't have any evidence of that, and on the other hand Zimmermans testimony when he is re-enacting the crime scene he gives a very believable and genuine impression.

I think it's just pure stupidity what Zimmerman did more than anything. And a kid is dead because of his stupidity. Don't create a situation like that if you don't know how to handle it, and the only people who do know how to handle that are fully trained police officers.

Again I agree with Soundwave.

And seriously Slimebeast him being a teenage boy is really irrelevant ANY NORMAL person would feel threated if someone did the things ZImmerman did. It is not so much teach him a lesson it is more so not knowing what a stranger that has been following you in their car ADN that got out of the car to come find you was going to do. That would make any sane person feel thereatened easily(IMO that is anyway). And we don't have evidence that Zimmerman grabbed him because we only have Zimmerman to give his side of the stroy. And he is definitely not going to say he grabbed him because that would change A LOT of what actually happened.

Again just a sad case that could have been easily avoided.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Zimmerman is a hero. Well maybe not.
Zimmerman is an idiot. Well maybe not.
Zimmerman is not guilty. Certainly

Slimebeast said:
Some people really think you have the right to physically assault a person just because he is following you for a few minutes. This is totally new to me. This is shocking.

Such twisted and dangerous sense of morals.

The hilarious part is these are the same people who don't think it's okay to shoot someone bashing your head in... Hypocrites. What they are doing is looking at the outcome. Making a judgement that someone is responsible. Seeing someone involved alive and they must be the responsible ones. Then they use reverse logic to place the blame on the person who is alive.

I actually talked to someone on facebook who said it was Zimmermans fault for putting himself in that position and he shouldn't have fired. Then he said a women getting raped is her fault as well for putting her self in that position. This is the type of logic I need to deal with concerning these people. I also talked to someone who conceeded that Zimmerman was not stalking. And that following Trayvon was not illegal... "but he deserved to get his ass kicked anyway." It's mind blowing how idiotic these people are. Because someone is following the laws and not doing anything wrong they deserve to be brutally attacked and they shouldn't be allowed to do anything about it.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

"you are in danger". No, he didn't feel that way. Witness accounts don't support that. You do not know how young men tend to be very confident and have attitude problems and being very protective of their integrity, manhood and pride? I have no diffuclty imagining this young man was easily provoked just like millions of other young steroid filled young men are. He realized this older man was following him and while walking for a couple of minutes he started to feel increasingly offended and got angrier and angrier until it boiled over.

If there are several people in this very thread alone thinking Zimmerman did something morally very wrong by following the young man and acting like a wannabe cop, then why wouldn't the young man feel the same thing and decide he would teach him a lesson? There are several people in this thread who argue it would have been right and perfectly understandable if Trevyon attacked Zimmerman for stalking him.

I do think it's plausible that Zimmerman physically grabbed his jacket though. I can imagine that from a wanna-be cop who thinks he is on to something, who thinks he is about to catch a burglar. But, we don't have any evidence of that, and on the other hand Zimmermans testimony when he is re-enacting the crime scene he gives a very believable and genuine impression.

I think it's just pure stupidity what Zimmerman did more than anything. And a kid is dead because of his stupidity. Don't create a situation like that if you don't know how to handle it, and the only people who do know how to handle that are fully trained police officers.

And seriously Slimebeast him being a teenage boy is really irrelevant ANY NORMAL person would feel threated if someone did the things ZImmerman did. It is not so much teach him a lesson it is more so not knowing what a stranger that has been following you in their car ADN that got out of the car to come find you was going to do. That would make any sane person feel thereatened easily(IMO that is anyway). And we don't have evidence that Zimmerman grabbed him because we only have Zimmerman to give his side of the stroy. And he is definitely not going to say he grabbed him because that would change A LOT of what actually happened.

I can see either scenario being true. Trevyon not feeling particularly threatened, but more like a cocky young confident man with strong integrity feeling insulted by someone checking him out.

I can also see Trevyon feel threatened and uncomfortable about an unknown man tracking him.

But in either case, if he attacked first and got on top and mauled Zimmerman it doesn't matter much. It was wrong of him to fight.

I agree it's a sad case. I agree Zimmerman made a bad decision by following Trevyon so resolutely. And yeah, possibly Zimmerman was the one who grabbed first but we have no way of knowing. Personally I believe in his account, but I don't think it's unreasonable by anyone to suspect that Zimmerman was the one who grabbed the young man first. But we just don't know, the court could not know.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I can see either scenario being true. Trevyon not feeling particularly threatened, but more like a cocky young confident man with strong integrity feeling insulted by someone checking him out.

I can also see Trevyon feel threatened and uncomfortable about an unknown man tracking him.

But in either case, if he attacked first and got on top and mauled Zimmerman it doesn't matter much. It was wrong of him to fight.

I agree it's a sad case. I agree Zimmerman made a bad decision by following Trevyon so resolutely. And yeah, possibly Zimmerman was the one who grabbed first but we have no way of knowing. Personally I believe in his account, but I don't think it's unreasonable by anyone to suspect that Zimmerman was the one who grabbed the young man first. But we just don't know, the court could not know.

I can agree with that!

Max King of the Wild said:
Slimebeast said:
Some people really think you have the right to physically assault a person just because he is following you for a few minutes. This is totally new to me. This is shocking.

Such twisted and dangerous sense of morals.

The hilarious part is these are the same people who don't think it's okay to shoot someone bashing your head in... Hypocrites. What they are doing is looking at the outcome. Making a judgement that someone is responsible. Seeing someone involved alive and they must be the responsible ones. Then they use reverse logic to place the blame on the person who is alive.

I actually talked to someone on facebook who said it was Zimmermans fault for putting himself in that position and he shouldn't have fired. Then he said a women getting raped is her fault as well for putting her self in that position. This is the type of logic I need to deal with concerning these people. I also talked to someone who conceeded that Zimmerman was not stalking. And that following Trayvon was not illegal... "but he deserved to get his ass kicked anyway." It's mind blowing how idiotic these people are. Because someone is following the laws and not doing anything wrong they deserve to be brutally attacked and they shouldn't be allowed to do anything about it.

I agree. This case, meaning the discussion, media blow-out and everything, it's so sad. And now apparently they will raise a new case againts ZImmerman due to all these protests??

There are brutal opinions and twisted dangeruos morals that people have expressed. And hypocricy, lots of hypocricy. Yes, it's mind-blowing and it scares me.

It makes me so sad when to many persons and meadia it's politically and racially motivated to take sides in this case.

cmeese47 said:
Zimmerman is a hero. Well maybe not.
Zimmerman is an idiot. Well maybe not.
Zimmerman is not guilty. Certainly

I don't think we need a jury to tell us that following someone around at night and playing police officer when you're not a police officer is idiotic.

You're not Batman, you couldn't even cut the mustard at the police department as they denied you several times. Take a hint and call 911 if you see something suspcious and leave it at that.

"Heroes" don't pee their pants and probably can hold their own in a fight against a freaking high school kid without having to resort to using a gun.

This is a guy who created an antagonizing, threatening situation (and yes, when you follow someone at night, you are going to be percieved as a threat, that's just human nature) towards a person who was doing nothing wrong, then needed to bailed out by killing the kid because he couldn't handle himself in a fight.

Suppose for a second Martin was a rapist then Zimmerman would have been a hero. Instead he was a 17 year old pot head out to get some snacks and now Zimmerman is a beacon for gun control and racism.

Crazy how much minor details change things.

Slimebeast said:
Max King of the Wild said:

I agree. This case, meaning the discussion, media blow-out and everything, it's so sad. And now apparently they will raise a new case againts ZImmerman due to all these protests??

There are brutal opinions and twisted dangeruos morals that people have expressed. And hypocricy, lots of hypocricy. Yes, it's mind-blowing and it scares me.

It makes me so sad when to many persons and meadia it's politically and racially motivated to take sides in this case.

Well we ALL knew there were going to be other charges due to protests that was a a given and the people making this a racial thing I agree are just being silly and blind.

BUT as for the "bruttaly attacked" part.......well can't say on that one. That part is where a majority of the holes appear and makes me question things. Not blindly agreeing with either side but a LOT just does not add up. Only Zimmerman knows what actually happened now whether what he told and the defense presented were true...that is another debate in itself.

It can be argued both were just defending themselves if you ask me one just got the worse end of the stick. But it is all speculation according to the evidence at hand. Zimmerman is not guilty simple as that really.