By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo do anything wrong with the 3DS that would allow the Vita to over take it in a few years?

Nope, the Vita is done. It's even worse than the PSP

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:

even worse than the PSP? how was the PSP bad? lol.

lxhizy said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

It got some OK games but 90% were PlayStation ports no one wanted. Nintendo does handhelds right, and always have. GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advanced, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS... you can't beat that. Sony should admit defeat, cut their losses, and end the Vita.

(Btw  I am not a Nintendo fanboy, my favorite system of all time is the PS2)

I would like to see Sony bow out of the handheld market but come to an agreement/partnership with Nintendo to work as a partner with them actually.

No point in fighting when Apple/Android are the bigger threats.

Sony conceeding and helping out Nintendo is a good thing, I think Nintendo would accept and it would position Sony well for perhaps a more broad partnership with Nintendo 5-10 years down the line when the traditional "console" concept perhaps starts to evaporate entirely.

Cancel it lol

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:
lxhizy said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

It got some OK games but 90% were PlayStation ports no one wanted. Nintendo does handhelds right, and always have. GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advanced, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS... you can't beat that. Sony should admit defeat, cut their losses, and end the Vita.

(Btw  I am not a Nintendo fanboy, my favorite system of all time is the PS2)

I should point out, though, that the PSP's total sales are more than either the 360 or the PS3's. I doubt it will stay that way lifetime, but 79 million units lifetime is by no means a failure.

But Sony did make some unfortunate decisions. The UMD was workable, but poorly thought through. PSN has no titles compared to my local Wizard Games. Proprietary memory meant the system was always memory anemic and forced you to swap cards on the field (and god forbid you drop that $40 8 GB memory card.) Companies pay for their PSN bandwidth, so PSOne Classics have shovelware like EA's Championship Bass, but misses some great games like Tenchu 2.

I mean seriously? Championship Bass?

remember when people said the Vita will destroy the 3DS? good times, good times

The 3DS's screen makes your eyes explode after exactly 29 months of use.

Vita will then take the lead. Mark my words.

Stop producing more 3DS?

In order for Vita to beat 3DS, there needs to be a ban on 3DS software and hardware for 10+ years.