By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo do anything wrong with the 3DS that would allow the Vita to over take it in a few years?

it's pretty much impossible for the vita to pass the 3ds now, the difference is just to big

so no

Around the Network

They could stop selling the 3DS altogether. That's about the only scenario where I could see Vita pulling ahead.

Signature goes here!

I don't think a new revision of the 3DS would hurt the console. We had the NDS, the DSLite, the DSi and the DSi XL, yet it didn't hurt the system. In fact, I would love a new revision with an integrated Circle Pad Pro.

1. Lol
2. PSP didn't pass DS even with MH.
3. It needs to be something like 250-300.
4. The few third parties and the actual library could still push some units.

The only way I can see that is Nintendo leaving the handheld market and Sony focusing almost every effort on Vita.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

there are 3 things that if nintendo would do any of them the PS Vita would DOMINATE the 3DS

1- stop producing the system and stop selling it
2- make the price tag 1200$
3- announce that who ever wants to buy the 3DS needs to make out with rosie o'donnell for 30 minutes before buying it

Around the Network

If you think that another Mario game would "really hurt" the platform then you... I just...this is....

I guess I fell for your comment trap.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I can't believe you think another Mario game would hurt it...

But even if they stopped making the 3DS now, the PSV still may not overtake the 3DS.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

a patch that bricks all 3DSs and never fix it

1. Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Mario Golf, Mario Party 8.
2. Allow the Monster Hunter Franchise to leave their systems. Has already happened in the past. MH4 is either a timed exclusive or a full exclusive. In either case, it'll most likely be too late by the time it hits the Vita.
3. Make yet another version of the 3DS and raise the current price. Make another 3DS? Because DS, DS Lite, Dsi, Dsi XL certainly made the PSP have a boost in sales. And raise the price of the current one? Since when has a company raised the price of a videogame console? :S
4. Already happening. Expect to see a few titles next year on the 3DS that are of quality, but not as many as this year. Will it hurt? No. Good games sell systems and they already have a lot of the out right now.
I have nothing else. I actually see those 4 being a small possibility. The 3DS is alive and well currently, who knows if any of that above would affect it so much that it dropped.

Anything in this world is technically possible. Meaning, if Vita dropped price and gained all the game development 3DS has, it could catch up.

But that won't happen as it would take even Nintendo developing games for Vita to work.