By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo do anything wrong with the 3DS that would allow the Vita to over take it in a few years?

Nothing, I seriously believe the 3DS has already surpassed what will be Vita's lifetime sales. Even things like Monster Hunter won't help Vita anymore, as it's already on 3DS which makes that plus the PSP had ineffective. It's a done deal, unless you factor in unrealistic things like raising the price to $1000, purposely sabotage everyone's 3DS's or Nintendo paying Sony to give out Vita's for free.

Around the Network

As of Right Now Vita=5.3mil and 3DS=32.3mil.

3DS= No release of MH4 yet O.o
Also no release of probably the #1 system seller of all time(if not #1 handheld seller) Pokemon! Vita has no chance. PSP has a better chance out selling DS than Vita over 3DS imo

The only thing that could reverse things is if the Vita cold run a 3DS emulator. And even so it would be weird with 2 screens beeing risized in one.

With that said, i like the direction the Vita might be taking in the future. Indies + Japanese games beeing brought over + some good first party exclusives every year. That makes the system worth it.

I do think Nintendo is gonna make the Wii U a very important focus in the next 2 years. But some of their teams always work on 3DS games. I would be surprised if we didnt get another pokemon game by gamefreak 1 to 2 years after XY.

Nem said:

The only thing that could reverse things is if the Vita cold run a 3DS emulator.

Vita can't even emulate a DS, let alone 3DS.

FrancisNobleman said:
Nem said:

The only thing that could reverse things is if the Vita cold run a 3DS emulator.

Vita can't even emulate a DS, let alone 3DS.

"cant"? I'm sure it can. It just wasnt made yet. And you know.... the fact that its illegal.

I can tell you dont have a Vita. It emulates lots of PSP titles and even improves on them. It could emulate the 3DS and DS for sure.

Around the Network

Make the 3DS require a WiiU to play games

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

I can actually see PS3 passing Wii eventually but Vita passing 3DS? I wouldn't say it's impossible but it won't happen.

I see a lot of potential for the 3DS. Vita is still $250 but 3DS is still more expensive than the DS was when it launched so it should see a big increase in interest once another price reduction happens.

Only way Vita will pass 3DS now tbh is if Nintendo stopped making and selling 3DS' and it's even questionable if Vita will then be able to sell as much as it let alone pass it as Vita is in a situation every handheld that took on the gameboy was in.

by this point, nintendo could completely cease support for 3ds and vita still wouldn't surpass it.

I honestly don't think so. I'm surprised the vita is still clinging to to life. Then again, it can remote play with ps4.