By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Fanboys Won't Support Insomniac Anymore?

Signalstar said:
Way too many R&C games released this gen and last gen. This should have at least been Vita exclusive (remember that handheld you released Sony) to justify it's existence. I thought we wouldn't get another R&C game until the movie releases in 2015. I'm so hyped for that movie!

I second this

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:
VGKing said:
POE said:
Fanboys are stupid, thats all. Some people (even in this site) where saying they wont buy Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze because Retro betrayed them, by noy making a new Metroid.

I don't see any problem with that. I know if my favorite studio stopped making my favorite franchise I'd be hesistant to buy their.

Do you see people buying Rare games these days? I mean are there any Rare fans that actually bought Kinect Sports because Rare made it?

LOL, comparing todays Rare with Retro working on a classical Nitnendo Franchise. Made my day.

I don´t get your point

If a game is worth the purchasing price, I buy it. Simple.

Insomniac was one of my favorite developers heading into the 7th gen, almost entirely on the back of the original Resistance FoM. As good as the R&C franchise is, I must admit that the only R&C game I've bought was the DD title Quest for Booty, which I enjoyed immensely as a shorter gaming experience.

And while Insomniac remained a game developing company to like just due to the way they ran their company and developed their games, the games themselves began to lose me with Resistance 2, which over-hyped and under-delivered. By that point, Naughty Dog had become my favorite PS3 developer.

After Resistance 3, that only left R&C as a franchise to follow, which was never the reason I started playing their games in the first place.

When they announced their exclusive deal with SCE was done, I didn't give it much thought; it was a business decision and their management and bean counters projected they could generate more revenue and sell more games by expanding their available audience. Why not?

Would I buy an XB1 to play an exclusive Insomniac title? Hell no. It would have to be a ridiculously incredible game for that to happen, and I'm not being unreasonable here by any sane measure.

VGKing said:
POE said:
Fanboys are stupid, thats all. Some people (even in this site) where saying they wont buy Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze because Retro betrayed them, by noy making a new Metroid.

I don't see any problem with that. I know if my favorite studio stopped making my favorite franchise I'd be hesistant to buy their.

Do you see people buying Rare games these days? I mean are there any Rare fans that actually bought Kinect Sports because Rare made it?

Some people are kind of stupid that way. 

I seem to recall more than one person on here going off about how wonderful Wii Music was, presumably because it was developed by Nintendo and shelled by Miyamoto and the rest of the Nintendo management as being the Next Big Thing. 

VGKing said:
POE said:

You're comparing apples & cabbage...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Only a stupid person would take this stance, and it takes a small level of stupidity to even try to justify the reasoning. It's because of shit like this that some people will always look at gamers as useless, basement dwelling, man-children.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

So I went on youtube to watch the trailer for Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus the 100th time and there was a bunch of people saying Insomniac "betrayed us" (us being PS gamers) don't buy this game.  Honestly when I saw this I was shaking my head.  First of all any of you that think this way, your really gonna let some petty fanboy shit stop you from playing what looks like a great game?  Fine your loss, while were having fun you'll be sitting behind your computer bitter.  Second Sony does not own Insomniac, so they can do whatever they want, on a side note I do think Sony should buy Insomniac, they have made some of the best exclusives for them, I'm guessing they are not for sale.  I just wanted to get that off my chest, what do you guys think?

Is it really hard for fans to boycott games they dont like but buy games they really do want like Into the Nexus. Clear example of what type of game everyone wants from Insomniac. So I will be buying this and loving it like I did with ToD and CiT!

Kantor said:
I'm more upset with them over the last two excuses for R&C games and Fuse than Sunset Overdrive.

But this looks to be a proper Ratchet & Clank game, so I'm provisionally excited.

Sometimes it takes a few crappy games to get back on track :D

What's funny is that for 2 generations Sony stole 3rd party IPs from Nintendo and SEGA, and their "fans" loved it. But now that the tables have turned and Sony has been losing exclusivity of many of their 3rd party IPs (no more exclusive GTA, MGS, FF, Kingdom Hearts, etc... all franchises that made the PS1 and PS2 what they were), the Sony fanboys whine about it and then have the balls to tell us that it's all about the 1st party titles, after the PS1 and 2's legacies were built by their 3rd party libraries.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Those are all just dick Sony fans who probably never played a R&C game in their life. The real R&C fans, like me, will buy it because R&C is awesome. Fortunately there aren't enough of these sorts of idiots to actually have any sort of effect on the game's sales.

I just hope those people who only somewhat like R&C haven't been turned off the series because of it's weaker recent offerings.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix