By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Fanboys Won't Support Insomniac Anymore?

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

I said fanboy logic can be broken. On both sides. You are trying to bring order to chaos ;)

What a lame cop out. :/

But its true :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Screw the fanboys. Ratchet & Clank fan here. I'm buying the game. PERIOD!

insomniac17 said:

And I can't help but get excited for ItN. ACiT is still one of my all time favourite games. Plus, Talwyn returning? Voiced by Tara Strong? Yes please! That was the one area I was let down by ACiT. Talwyn, along with Cronk and Zephyr, were pretty much just dropped completely.

Yes, I was kind of frustrated by this as well.  The fact that the only place she's mentioned in the game is on the radio felt like a bit of a letdown.

Agreed with all of the other points you made too.  Good post!

Fanboys are stupid, thats all. Some people (even in this site) where saying they wont buy Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze because Retro betrayed them, by noy making a new Metroid.

pbroy said:
I'm not getting it. They support MS now and are no longer Sony exclusive. Fuck this game! Seriously though, I'm not into this kiddy type of shit games anymore. Fuck Ratchet, Fuck Crash, Fuck Banjo, Fuck donkey Kong, Fuck Viva Pinata, Fuck little big planet, Fuck em all. The only cool animal game mascot created was Sonic. I will still buy Sonics. All the other animal mascots can die.

What's wrong with "kiddy" games? They are for everyone. And because there is no violence in the games, that makes it kiddy? great logic! I guess that makes FIFA, Mario and pinball "kiddy" too

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I've never really supported Insomniac Games. Ratchet & Clank games were always skipable IMO. The new game will make for a great PS Plus freebie one day.

POE said:
Fanboys are stupid, thats all. Some people (even in this site) where saying they wont buy Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze because Retro betrayed them, by noy making a new Metroid.

I don't see any problem with that. I know if my favorite studio stopped making my favorite franchise I'd be hesistant to buy their.

Do you see people buying Rare games these days? I mean are there any Rare fans that actually bought Kinect Sports because Rare made it?

kowenicki said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Honestly, those people are childish and should be disregarded. I won't support Insomniac games that are bad. I will support Insomniac games that are good. That is all there is to it.

And is this game good or bad?

I wouldn't know. I haven't played the game myself or heard about what other players think. Since it is a mainline R&C game, I can be more at ease since they have yet to screw those up. If it was another co-op game, I would be worried.

I gave All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault a shot (both through PS+ because after reading reviews I was weary of buying them) and even though FFA is much better than A4O, they're both very inferior to Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time (and even Quest for Booty, however bite-sized, it's a marvelous experience). Taking into account that Fuse is also a letdown (never tried it and not feeling any need to), my expectations are low indeed.

Nevertheless, the trailer was wonderful and I felt that magic spark that could signal Into the Nexus to be as good as ToD and ACiT. Will keep a close eye on this one but will wait for reviews and/or a demo before buying.

VGKing said:
POE said:

I don't see any problem with that. I know if my favorite studio stopped making my favorite franchise I'd be hesistant to buy their.

Do you see people buying Rare games these days? I mean are there any Rare fans that actually bought Kinect Sports because Rare made it?

LOL, comparing todays Rare with Retro working on a classical Nitnendo Franchise. Made my day.