By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Fanboys Won't Support Insomniac Anymore?

NightDragon83 said:
What's funny is that for 2 generations Sony stole 3rd party IPs from Nintendo and SEGA, and their "fans" loved it. But now that the tables have turned and Sony has been losing exclusivity of many of their 3rd party IPs (no more exclusive GTA, MGS, FF, Kingdom Hearts, etc... all franchises that made the PS1 and PS2 what they were), the Sony fanboys whine about it and then have the balls to tell us that it's all about the 1st party titles, after the PS1 and 2's legacies were built by their 3rd party libraries.

yeah, I was really excited for MGSV until it was revealed at Microsoft's E3.

Around the Network
darkshadow23 said:
NightDragon83 said:
What's funny is that for 2 generations Sony stole 3rd party IPs from Nintendo and SEGA, and their "fans" loved it. But now that the tables have turned and Sony has been losing exclusivity of many of their 3rd party IPs (no more exclusive GTA, MGS, FF, Kingdom Hearts, etc... all franchises that made the PS1 and PS2 what they were), the Sony fanboys whine about it and then have the balls to tell us that it's all about the 1st party titles, after the PS1 and 2's legacies were built by their 3rd party libraries.

See what I mean?

I bet you were also excited about KHIII finally being announced until you found out it was not exclusive to the PS4 either, am I right?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
darkshadow23 said:
NightDragon83 said:

See what I mean?

I bet you were also excited about KHIII finally being announced until you found out it was not exclusive to the PS4 either, am I right?

Pretty much. I mean I really like the games but I just can't stand it when they are on another system. It makes the game just not as fun to play.

Th3PANO said:
VGKing said:
POE said:
Fanboys are stupid, thats all. Some people (even in this site) where saying they wont buy Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze because Retro betrayed them, by noy making a new Metroid.

I don't see any problem with that. I know if my favorite studio stopped making my favorite franchise I'd be hesistant to buy their.

Do you see people buying Rare games these days? I mean are there any Rare fans that actually bought Kinect Sports because Rare made it?

LOL, comparing todays Rare with Retro working on a classical Nitnendo Franchise. Made my day.

It's a valid comparison. I don't really know much about Retro but its a case of the studio making games that you don't want to play. 
Not that the Donkey Kong game won't be good, but people want another Metroid game don't they? With the popularity of FPS these days it seems like a no brainer to make another one. It's not like Nintendo needs another platformer anyway. They have plenty.

It's simple really. Sony fanboys know that their 1st party exclusives really aren't that great (most are mediocre), and Sony will never dominate if they have to rely on them. The only way that any PlayStation console will be on top is by money-hatting their way to the top (PSX era), or by being the only game in town (PS2 era) and pretty much having all the games on their system by default.

Sony is back in the same position it was in the PSX days. They're going to win because of the screw-ups of their competitors, not the strength of their own product.

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
It's simple really. Sony fanboys know that their 1st party exclusives really aren't that great (most are mediocre), and Sony will never dominate if they have to rely on them. The only way that any PlayStation console will be on top is by money-hatting their way to the top (PSX era), or by being the only game in town (PS2 era) and pretty much having all the games on their system by default.

Sony is back in the same position it was in the PSX days. They're going to win because of the screw-ups of their competitors, not the strength of their own product.

I don't think Sony fans are that worried about great 1st party exclusives, given that Sony made the most 90+ games this generation out of the three.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

PearlJam said:

Common dude, most are mediocre?  What about Uncharted 1,2,3, what about Killzone 2,3 that got some of the highest scores this gen, what about Journey, Infamous 1,2, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, God of War 3 and LBP 1, 2.  Every single game there is a system seller.  To say Sony can't win by the strength of their own product, I mean common really?  How many of Microsoft's exclusives for the Xbone are just third party games that they had to buy out?  How many of the PS4 exclusives are actual first party games made by Sony studios?  Sony has the best first party studios out of the big three, now for the best IPs obviously that goes to Nintendo, but the best studios goes to Sony.  To say Sony can never dominate if they had to rely on their first party studios?  What do you think happened this gen?  When the PS3 came out at $600 and no one wanted anything to do with it, it was Sony's first party games that turned it around and it came back to sell more than the 360.