By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Fanboys Won't Support Insomniac Anymore?

kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
I'm more upset with them over the last two excuses for R&C games and Fuse than Sunset Overdrive.

But this looks to be a proper Ratchet & Clank game, so I'm provisionally excited.

Fickle?

Kantor 15 Hours ago

Yes, because that went SO well last time.

I give up on Insomniac.  Even great developers can fall.

That was before we knew it was a proper R&C. I just assumed it would be another lousy spinoff.

That makes no sense whatsoever.  You "give up" on them.... but you dont if they make a R&C full game?  So if they make a R&C full game then they are awesome again but if they had made a new game or something different then they are rubbish?  Wow,  ok then.

i think u are taking the original post too seriously lol...obviously if they are making an awesome game why wudnt he buy it

Around the Network

the betrayal wasnt going over to xbox it was making shitty games

kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
kowenicki said:

Fickle?

Kantor 15 Hours ago

Yes, because that went SO well last time.

I give up on Insomniac.  Even great developers can fall.

That was before we knew it was a proper R&C. I just assumed it would be another lousy spinoff.

That makes no sense whatsoever.  You "give up" on them.... but you dont if they make a R&C full game?  So if they make a R&C full game then they are awesome again but if they had made a new game or something different then they are rubbish?  Wow,  ok then.

That's the gist of it, yes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Wow, how disappointing that people won't buy it for that reason. Oh well, there are only a small amount of people that won't buy it for that reason so its not that big of a deal.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I wonder how people would feel if Sony used another developer to make R&C? I always thought Naughty Dog and Insomniac were regarded as the two best devs on Playstation consoles...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Sony should have purchased Insomniac when they were making Spyro for the Ps1. Now its too late

lxhizy said:
Forget about the betrayal and Insomniac, THIS IS RATCHET AND CLANK!

Exactly! Leonidas is right. Main line Ratchet always gets me hyped. For $30 instantly became easy 

I will buy it because I love the franchise; and considering it is $30 it is a no brainer for me; BUT I would like some confirmation regarding the quality of the game lol. If it is like aCiT I will be very happy.

I really thought Sanzaru games should develop Sly, R&C and Jak games from now on. They did an incredible job with Sly 4.

BossPuma said:
Sony should have purchased Insomniac when they were making Spyro for the Ps1. Now its too late

I believe they offered them the opportunity to become an official part of the PlayStation family but they always maintained that they wanted to stay independent

I'm impressed that, bar two replies in this thread, everyone's being pretty sensible about this. (edit: three replies, Sales2099 showed up)

The majority of people who would actually go out and buy these Ratchet & Clank games were never upset about Sunset Overdrive (although admittedly, I'd like to play the game but I'm not dropping £429 to get access to it).

The issue was the increasingly erratic and unfocused Insomniac we'd seen since 2009.

It was never a case of "hmpf, I'm never buying an Insomniac title again" but more "I won't buy anymore Insomniac titles if they're going to be up to the standard of All 4 One or Fuse".

Obviously, there's still time for this title to fall into that pit too. But they're saying all the right things. This is the Ratchet game I've been wanting for 4 years. Characters returning. Storylines being revisited. Traditional gameplay.

And I think anyone who was a true fan of the series would recognise the potential here and wouldn't 'leave' Insomniac. Like I've said in another thread, I could never truly give up on them because they're still the developer who have provided my favourite gaming experiences time and time again.