By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is dual audio in JRPGs important for you?

How important is dual audio in JRPGs for u?

Very important cant play ... 30 25.64%

I would like to have that... 53 45.30%

Not important at all I on... 34 29.06%

Total:117

Don't care, though I don't play many jrpg's. I do hate english dub for anime though since I'm so use to hearing the japanese version.

Around the Network
rpgmaniac said:
~.~  Now what can I say to this nice gentleman here...

A LOT! thousands of ppl want to play with Japanese audio, THOUSANDS!

But I guess some ppl can't understand that they think their tastes is what every1 else want & the only thing that matters, so it's useless trying to talk with those ppl.

easy man, I was joking there...

I can go either way. If the English dub is good, then I'm happy to use it usually. Actually, last game I played with dual audio was Xenoblade, and I chose the English over the Japanese, though part of that might've just been the fact that it was my first time playing a game dubbed by British voice actors. Regardless, they did a good job.

Hmm

I really prefer japanese original voices for jrpg and english voices for western games. While some english dubs aren't that bad, some of the dubbing in it feels unnatural. I am actually going the extra mile to learn japanese to play it. I will support dual audio games when i can, and buy jap versions of games without dual audio. unfortunately my progress is rather slow. it was really annoying when i found out the asian version of lightning returns did not have english subs. that really sucked as i had already bought the first one with jap audio and eng subs.

More often than not dub is atrocious. I'll take Japanese voices with subtitles any day. The only game I played recently where the dub sufficed was Soul Sacrifice (possibly due to the British accents).

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

I prefer it, I usually advocate for japanese audio if it can lessen the production cost of localizing

I prefer Japanese with English sub titles. I would love it if they had an option to play the game in English but have the characters in game speaking Japanese.

English dub is usually good enough for me, but he existence of Arc Rise Fantasia makes me think it's a good idea to have dual audio in all JRPGS.

Don't care at all the dubbs usually sound so much better than the subbs.

I like playing with subtitles most of the time.

But if the dub's good I can handle it. Fire Emblem had dual Audio and I chose English to understand the small tidbits they were saying.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)