By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is dual audio in JRPGs important for you?

How important is dual audio in JRPGs for u?

Very important cant play ... 30 25.64%

I would like to have that... 53 45.30%

Not important at all I on... 34 29.06%

Total:117
DamnTastic said:
EricFabian said:
lol almost there. Only audio. For exemple: Xenoblade. The game was all in english, but you had the option to change the audio for japanese and had subtitles. But menu still was english :p

I see :p then no >:( who wants to play in jap anyways.

I'm sorry for my lack of understanding. I blame the hour here. 9am and still need to go to bed :l

I do, the japanese voice actors are the most professional there is. For japanese games/anime/movies that's the way to go.

Weedlab said:
More often than not dub is atrocious. I'll take Japanese voices with subtitles any day. The only game I played recently where the dub sufficed was Soul Sacrifice (possibly due to the British accents).

exactly

there are Ok-good dubs out there, but even in MGS for example the japanese voice actors are just much better suited for the role

Around the Network

I like having the option for obvious reasons. Not all dubs are and I typically play with English voice acting. An English voice actor has lead me to hate characters I would have otherwise liked if their voice didn't annoy me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No

I'm Aussie, I speak English and Spanish, therefore I only care about the language I can understand, therefore English Dub is what I care about only.

This goes for Anime as well, why on earth do you want listen to Japanese when the only language you understand is English, that's like going into a meeting with your ears purposely blocked and asking for a live transcript of the meeting currently taking place...it's just stupid.

I know there are those that hate English DUB cus they apparently don't sound good, well if the voice acting in a game or anime is bad in one language it may be bad in the other, and just because you don't understand it doesn't stop it from being bad, you would just have the illusion that it's good.

Also, If I wanna read despite watching an Anime or playing a game during character conversations, then I'd rather read a book or comic.

There are some exceptions, like watching movies which are not in the language I understand, then yes I will read subtitles, the same goes for game or Anime imports which weren't released locally, and again the same goes for games which don't have any voice acting...but if the option is available then frigging use it, don't be an Otaku Weeaboo.

Just saying :)

jake_the_fake1 said:

I'm Aussie, I speak English and Spanish, therefore I only care about the language I can understand, therefore English Dub is what I care about only.

This goes for Anime as well, why on earth do you want listen to Japanese when the only language you understand is English, that's like going into a meeting with your ears purposely blocked and asking for a live transcript of the meeting currently taking place...it's just stupid.

I know there are those that hate English DUB cus they apparently don't sound good, well if the voice acting in a game or anime is bad in one language it may be bad in the other, and just because you don't understand it doesn't stop it from being bad, you would just have the illusion that it's good.

Also, If I wanna read despite watching an Anime or playing a game during character conversations, then I'd rather read a book or comic.

There are some exceptions, like watching movies which are not in the language I understand, then yes I will read subtitles, the same goes for game or Anime imports which weren't released locally, and again the same goes for games which don't have any voice acting...but if the option is available then frigging use it, don't be an Otaku Weeaboo.

Dont accuse any one who just perfers subs at the same time not bashing dubs a weeaboo. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

well they been doing it with anime for years so I say why not.

Give users more choices as sometimes the dubs are shit and sometimes the Japanese is shit.

jake_the_fake1 said:

I feel like this is incredibly narrow-minded. Do you ignore all foreign films because you have to read subtitles?

While of course Japanese voice acting isn't always good, their talent pools for voice acting are much larger and bad voice acting is much rarer.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

I feel like this is incredibly narrow-minded. Do you ignore all foreign films because you have to read subtitles?

While of course Japanese voice acting isn't always good, their talent pools for voice acting are much larger and bad voice acting is much rarer.

I have meet a lot of guys like him in the internet over the years they always appear in any thread talks about Japanese audio in games & call names (weaboo) the ppl who ask for dual audio, their head can't comprehend why some1 who can't understand Japanese prefer to play JRPGs with Japanese audio ofc those ppl never watch anime with the original voices & sometimes r anime-haters, the best think u can do when u meet a person like him is to just ignore him useless to try & reason with him, they have the mindset of a hater & every1 who disagree with them must be strange/weird in some way, that's their way of thinking.

No if only the original audio is included.

No. Slap an english sub on it and I'm happy.