By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is dual audio in JRPGs important for you?

How important is dual audio in JRPGs for u?

Very important cant play ... 30 25.64%

I would like to have that... 53 45.30%

Not important at all I on... 34 29.06%

Total:117
KHlover said:
No. Slap an english sub on it and I'm happy.

English audio is what we get usually by asking how important is dual audio for every1 I ask with few words if u want the Japanese voices also.

Around the Network

Nah, i prefer my games to be dubbed, although it's a different story for anime.

rpgmaniac said:
KHlover said:
No. Slap an english sub on it and I'm happy.

English audio is what we get usually by asking how important is dual audio for every1 I ask with few words if u want the Japanese voices also.

To make it more clear: I only care for the Japanese audio. Give me english subtitles and I'm perfectly happy.

EDIT: But having English/German voices wouldn't prevent me from playing the game, just make it less enjoyable in 90% of all cases.

I prefer playing in Japanese, but only having English wouldn't stop me from buying a game.

I vastly prefer English dubs, so it doesn't really matter to me, unless the Japanese dub is EXTREMELY good, like it is in Disgaea 2 for example (all the Disgaea games, really), otherwise, I always use English dubs.

Around the Network

It depends. Most of the time games hire the crappiest English voice actors ever. And I can't stand them.

2nd option. If the Japanese is there I'll use it. I never watch movies or anime dubbed, it just sucks.

archer9234 said:
It depends. Most of the time games hire the crappiest English voice actors ever. And I can't stand them.

Or they hire ones with a soft or pleasing voice, ignoring any character traits that should appear as the acting part of voice acting.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I prefer to play or watch entertainment with its original language because regardless of how well the script is translated, or how well the actors perform the dub, there is inevitably something lost in translation, particularly when it comes to cultural differences that can't be easily expressed in translation. Thus, I prefer to play a game or watch a film with its original language, whether it's Japanese, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, or so on.

With that said, I don't have a problem playing or watching a dub, but I would love for each developer to include dual language options.

outlawauron said:
archer9234 said:

Or they hire ones with a soft or pleasing voice, ignoring any character traits that should appear as the acting part of voice acting.

Yeah. There are games when some are just reading the lines normally. But they're suppose to be in a intense fight. No acting, no nothing. I can't stand that. Unless your games like Starfox 64, where they are suppose to be lame and cheesy, not acceptable. I can't stand the English cast of DBZ. Half the cast is the same actor. And they almost never hide it. So I'm hearing goku or Vegeta everywhere.