By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is dual audio in JRPGs important for you?

How important is dual audio in JRPGs for u?

Very important cant play ... 30 25.64%

I would like to have that... 53 45.30%

Not important at all I on... 34 29.06%

Total:117

For me dual audio in JRPGs is extremely important, in PS1 era most JRPGs didn't have voice overs so back then was not so big of an issue, later in PS2 days FFX make the start & I must admit that I like the English dub of FFX, another English dub I love very much & I consider it to be one of the best is the one from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time they really did an amazing job on this one, so all in all PS1 & PS2 era pass & dual audio was never an option for us, but back then the format was DVD & the space was limited so I didn't expect or demand for all JRPGs to have dual audio.

But now is different with Blu-ray disks there is plenty of space for companies to include dual audio & from now on I demand for this feature to be included in each & every JRPG released out of JPN, dual audio is so important for me that I can skip completely a game if that feature is missing, for some people this might sound too extreme but I really can't enjoy games with English dubs, JRPGs is like anime for me the same way I can't watch Anime with English dub the same way I can't enjoy JRPGs w/o the original Japanese VO, other than that I watch anime for over 20 years & I am a fan of a lot of Seiyu (Japanese Voice Actors) who most of the times those r the people who give their voices to all the games I'm interested in, & I don't want their voices to be replaced & I don't also want for songs in JRPGs to be replaced with English one like they did in FFXIII, that's sacrilege for me & can ruin the whole experience of the game.

Your thoughts/comments I want to listen what JRPG fans have to say regarding that matter.

(Because the questions after u vote is not fully vissible I'll put them here just in case some1 forgot them:

1.Very important cant play JRPGs w/o the original voices.

2.I would like to have that option but even w/o it I'll still buy a JRPG.

3.Not important at all I only use the English dub anyway.)

Around the Network

yes! I simply HATE american dubbing!

Click HERE and be happy 

I would prefer it, but it's not that important to me.

I don't care about it.

I have a German friend that doesn't like German dubbing and prefers English dub. A Japanese person may not like the sound of words being spoken in Japanese and may prefer English or French over their natural language.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I only watch movies, anime or games in english or my native language (dutch)
So I guess It's not important to me if it's in english but important to me if it's in Jp and they add english. Sorry didn't quite understand the question there. And no I'm not rereading.. what r u thinking lol

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
So I guess It's not important to me if it's in english but important to me if it's in Jp and they add english. Sorry didn't quite understand the question there. And no I'm not rereading.. what r u thinking lol

if is important the game have dual audio - Japanese/other with subtitles

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
DamnTastic said:

yes I guess. coz I can't play in japanese :p

DamnTastic said:
EricFabian said:
DamnTastic said:

yes I guess. coz I can't play in japanese :p

lol almost there. Only audio. For exemple: Xenoblade. The game was all in english, but you had the option to change the audio for japanese and had subtitles. But menu still was english :p

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
lol almost there. Only audio. For exemple: Xenoblade. The game was all in english, but you had the option to change the audio for japanese and had subtitles. But menu still was english :p

I see :p then no >:( who wants to play in jap anyways.

I'm sorry for my lack of understanding. I blame the hour here. 9am and still need to go to bed :l

DamnTastic said:
EricFabian said:

I see :p then no >:( who wants to play in jap anyways.

I'm sorry for my lack of understanding. I blame the hour here. 9am and still need to go to bed :l

~.~  Now what can I say to this nice gentleman here...

A LOT! thousands of ppl want to play with Japanese audio, THOUSANDS!

But I guess some ppl can't understand that they think their tastes is what every1 else want & the only thing that matters, so it's useless trying to talk with those ppl.