By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE LAST OF US HAS DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!

JayWood2010 said:
HesAPooka said:
JayWood2010 said:

First off I disagree with perfect and while TLoU is amazing and imo one of the best games ive played I would not have commented if it wasnt for the game of the gen remark seeing as we have had 9 games ranked higher this generation. Mostly multiplatform.

GTAIV - 98
Mario Glaxy - 97
Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
Bioshock - 96
Orange Box - 96
Skyrim - 96
Mass Effect 2 - 96
Uncharted 2 - 96
Batman Arkham Asylum - 96

Yea but when it came to TLOU some reviewers just wanted to watch the internet burn.

If that was the case you could say that about every game.  As I said, it is an amazing game but perfect scores are unrealiable.  For all these reviewers who gives any game a 10/10 are ignoring flaws.  In this case I'm going to agree with Kantor. Though I disagree with his reasons.

No you can't say that about every game. Like you said yourself mostly mutiplat. Or games that came out early in the gen before it was cool to make poor reviews to render hits to tiny internet blog no one gives a shit about. TLOU was bait for these blogs like no other game since it came late in the game and it had a tremendous amount of hype.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

First off I disagree with perfect and while TLoU is amazing and imo one of the best games ive played I would not have commented if it wasnt for the game of the gen remark seeing as we have had 9 games ranked higher this generation. Mostly multiplatform.

GTAIV - 98
Mario Glaxy - 97
Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
Bioshock - 96
Orange Box - 96
Skyrim - 96
Mass Effect 2 - 96
Uncharted 2 - 96

Hmm, yeah GTA IV does NOT deserve a 98 meta. That meta score is based on hype and nothing more. We really can't trust reviews anymore these days.

JayWood2010 said:

GTAIV - 98
Mario Glaxy - 97
Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
Bioshock - 96
Orange Box - 96
Skyrim - 96
Mass Effect 2 - 96
Uncharted 2 - 96

I think some people are missing the point of why TLOU will probably win "Game of the generation."

Besides having an insane amount of polish on top of a VERY unique, new, and fun game:  It is simply the first video game to ever have a story told this consistantly well.  I like the MGS story just as much if not more, but it wasn't told as well and there have been moments where it dragged on or got REALLY convoluted and gamey.  The directing style was absolutely superb.  

Just thinking of how effectively the camera angles were used, and that snowy part where you feel like Joel and Ellie are coming together as you switch between them... Chills down my back...

TLOU represents a stand out benchmark in gaming.

HesAPooka said:
JayWood2010 said:

If that was the case you could say that about every game.  As I said, it is an amazing game but perfect scores are unrealiable.  For all these reviewers who gives any game a 10/10 are ignoring flaws.  In this case I'm going to agree with Kantor. Though I disagree with his reasons.

No you can't say that about every game. Like you said yourself mostly mutiplat. Or games that came out early in the gen before it was cool to make poor reviews to render hits to tiny internet blog no one gives a shit about. TLOU was bait for these blogs like no other game since it came late in the game and it had a tremendous amount of hype.

Mario Galaxy 2 and Mass Effect 2 didnt even release 3 years ago.  Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2 is no old either.  Skyrim is another newer game so no.

Destructoid does 10's best.

"Games rated 10 aren't perfect, since nothing is, but they come as close as you could get in a given genre"

On another note, it does make me wonder where TLoU would be without the obvious troll review. Easy 96.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
KHlover said:

Sorry to break it to you, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually has 42 perfect review scores. :P

That's a negligible difference though and a HUGE achievement for Naughty Dog. Congratulations to the (second) best reviewed game this generation!

Wow, and no score below 90 like the first one. Impressive.

What Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 achieved is pretty impressive. I think no game will be able to beat it now that the generation has come to and end.

Now, 10/10 doesn't mean anything. Last of Us is still rated at #25 on Gamerankings and sits at 95 on Metacritic. I don't get all this crazy talk about that game. Get over it, I think we all agree that everybody knows it's a great game. But shove it down our throat every time is a little bit too much. There won't be any game that will beat Galaxies' score.

Probably from all pro Sony sites it's the Internet after all

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

guiduc said:

. There won't be any game that will beat Galaxies' score.

• GamePS3
    • Release Date: Apr 29, 2008
    • Rating: M
    • Publisher: Rockstar Games

[Metacritic's 2008 PS3 Game of the Year; Also known as "GTA IV"] What does the American Dream mean today? For Niko Belic, fresh off the boat from Europe. It's the hope he can escape his past. For...

• GameX360
    • Release Date: Apr 29, 2008
    • Rating: M
    • Publisher: Rockstar Games

[Metacritic's 2008 Xbox 360 Game of the Year; Also known as "GTA IV"] What does the American Dream mean today? For Niko Belic, fresh off the boat from Europe. It's the hope he can escape his past....

JayWood2010 said:
HesAPooka said:
JayWood2010 said:

Mario Galaxy 2 and Mass Effect 2 didnt even release 3 years ago.  Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2 is no old either.  Skyrim is another newer game so no.

Mass effect is over 3 years. It released early 2010. Same with Mario Galaxy 2. Mutiplats don't count because there's less incentive for fanboys of opposing consoles to make low reviews to screw with the total meta.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Uncharted 2 has 39 perfect scores?
Didn't the reviewers ever play another game?

I'm not bashing on TLOU, I've yet to even try it, but it speaks volumes of the reviewers when a good/very good but still quite flawed game like Uncharted 2 has 39 perfect scores...